• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What path do I use for my skin to work on my model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hey, I'm bad at modelling, actually, I'm bad at importing models.. I've imported this model of mine and it's new skin into my map. But the skin does not work and the model is invisible. My models are under their default paths:

war3imported\IceCrystal.mdx
war3imported\IceCrystal.blp

How do I make this work?

Level 11
If that doesn't work, then probably : "Textures\IceCrystal.blp"

EDIT : Didn't notice that you said the texture path is the same as model's texture path? Then I would think that it is the model problem, did your material layer using the IceCrystal texture?

Level 11
If that doesn't work, then probably : "Textures\IceCrystal.blp"

EDIT : Didn't notice that you said the texture path is the same as model's texture path? Then I would think that it is the model problem, did your material layer using the IceCrystal texture?

I've also tried this Textures\IceCrystal.blp, but does not work... Yes, the material is using the IceCrystal texture, and the texture is visible in the model editor.

Go to Model Editor--->Open this model--->Go to textures sequence--->You'll see the correct path over there.

Edit : Do you have a link to this model?

There is no 'Texture Sequence" in my Magos' Model editor. :/

What link? I've just modified one of Blizzard's models..

Level 11
aRYUX24.png

I've changed that IceCrystal to Crystal only, don't get confused by that.

Level 11
The model I used as a base is originally a buff, in WE it appears as a green box, and in-game it's invisible, while in model editor everything's perfectly fine..

I'm wondering: Am I supposed to change the path when importing a custom model with a custom texture, or it should work under the default 'war3imported\'?

Level 28
Then why doesn't my texture work? I've edited the model's original texture by just changing it's color, and then added it back again...

Everytime you export and edit a texture it's path change. While re-importing it to your model means that you will have to change the Material layer in order to set the geosets to the correct texture.
Now, As I see in that picture you've uploaded, the texture name became Crystal.blp
So, let try this, import your model and his texture
Change only the texture path to "Crystal.blp" that should work.

P.S. I wonder what firmat does your texture have? (Blp. Tga...)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Upload the model and the texture. There could be other problems with it that are hard to diagnose without experience.

For example a corrupted blp file can cause a model to not load. Like wise a corrupted model file will fail to load even if the texture path is correct.

Level 11
It's not just one model, all models that I changed their skin cause this problem. They load in game, and I can use them, but they are invisible (with no texture).
I used BLPLab to convert the texture from BLP1 to BLP1 and it didn't do anything. Then I tried to convert it from my TGA version of the texture to BLP1 again, and still it didn't do anything..

It's not just one model, all models that I changed their skin cause this problem. They load in game, and I can use them, but they are invisible (with no texture).
I used BLPLab to convert the texture from BLP1 to BLP1 and it didn't do anything. Then I tried to convert it from my TGA version of the texture to BLP1 again, and still it didn't do anything..

I already told you, if you want us to help you, you're gonna need to upload the model here as an attachment. Unless you work out the solution yourself, we can't help you.

Your information is useless since you can't even properly provide details.

Level 11
Hmm, take a look at this model for example. The texture is custom (There's a slight difference between the original one) and it causes the model to be invisible in-game.

Attachments

• Ranger.blp
    82.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Ranger.mdx
    144.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Ranger_portrait.mdx
    48.3 KB · Views: 46
Hmm, take a look at this model for example. The texture is custom (There's a slight difference between the original one) and it causes the model to be invisible in-game.

Yes, the model will not work. Because it's missing texture named Amelia.blp. Also what's the point of Ranger.blp? It's already in .mpq files. Night Elf > Shandris.

The materials are set to use texture called Amelia.blp, but it's missing. That's why it doesn't show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.