• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

what means script's "Func" and how to use them in custom scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello @ll,

somo of u might know that i convert my UMSWE triggers into custom scripts.
Most run smoothly, but some more complex ones are kind of weird:

If I "convert into custom text" triggers become sometimes like
"call ForGroupBJ( udg_HofFuechse, function Trig_Hof_Fuechse_Cinematic_Func005Func048Func014A )"
That would be OK for me, even I don't understand those Func, but these numbers rise if i add additional lines in GUI and in my custom script they dont (of course).

Since I cant test my map until all of UMSWE is converted, I fear I run into some problems, dont I?

Thx for ur help.

Level 5
I dont think it is as hard as you may think.

All additional UMSWE Triggers are listed in the bottom section in the Trigger Editor.
And all used triggers could be found in the Objekt Manager and are directly linked.
So you have to go one by one and convert the lines into custom scripts if possible - and workaround if such Func happen :-/

And my map is really big >_<

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Most of the time, you are correct, only problem is that unit groups are not one liners in jass.

If you want to convert it without converting the entire page to jass or making a new trigger for each unit group, you will have do something silly like this:
  • Actions
    • Custom script: call ForGroupBJ( GetUnitsInRectAll(GetPlayableMapRect()), function example)
    • Custom script: endfunction
    • Custom script: library thisIsBad
    • Custom script: function example takes nothing returns nothing
    • -------- Do something --------
    • Custom script: endfunction
    • Custom script: endlibrary
    • Custom script: function thisIsStupid takes nothing returns nothing
Which is basically just this

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • -------- Do something --------

Status
Not open for further replies.