• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

what is......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi Iwould want to know what all the stuff means like Gui, Mui, Jass, vJass do anyone know what these spand for and whats the different between them??
I would also like to know what a memory leak is i know the meaning but i have no idea what it is!

plz some one tell me

i also wonder if some1 know a good vareable or custom script tutorial?:ugly:

Level 13
GUI = Grafical User Interface (e.g. windows startmenu, the folders and EVERYTHING!!!)

Jass = the script language behind wc3 (which controls everything.)
-> the GUI triggers just "display" the real jass scripts. (as the rightclick menu -> copy is just a display for the actuall copy command in windows)

MUI = Multi user instansable ( i am sure I wrote it wrong..)
-> A spell can be used often at the same moment.

MPI = Multi Player Instansable (again wrong?!)
-> A spell can be used once by each player at the same time

Memory leak... for example when you use an ability targeting a point (like shockwave)
The point is stored in the memory.
-> A leak is a stored thing which is NOT removed.
--> Leaks slowly fill the memory till wc3 encounters an error (you know that one for sure)

Tutorial: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f279/basic-memory-leaks-5889/

Level 3
Thanx a bunch That gave some clearness in my head. Well doesnt madder if u spelled wrong i undestood^^

Level 3
i gotta agree with ya that it was pretty funny but i wanna know!!!
well i know now thx to darkangle.

Status
Not open for further replies.