• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is your favorite ORPG map ?

Which map and why is your favorite ORPG?

• World of Warcraft ORPG by Evil PitLord

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Defiance ORPG

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • The Black Road ORPG

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Final Fantasy ORPG

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Waugriffs was nice one.
All ORPG are bad. At least the best one at the moment is IAW.

Level 3
Well I personally find WoW ORPG to be quite Fun if I'm not Bored by the Whole Lack of Sense in it. Mainly Because you Can't even Build Anything in WoW Normally.
Well Its Really only Fun if your Patient enough to Sit around for Hours, trying to get All the Dragons, Then Becoming a Demigod Before everyone Leaves of Boredom...

Yum

Yum

Level 3
I never really liked ORPGs because most of them don't make sense/have a lot of direction.

That said, I do remember a long time ago one map where you were located on these troll-esque islands as a hero of your choice and just went around killing shit. Your camera was set up close to the back of your character rather than a bird's eye view (not first-person though), and you had to kill things for food to keep you from dying.

It had the same save-character system as most ORPGs, but it was the difficulty, organization of heroes, and the very spooky explore/discover aspect of the game that 'kept me addicted. I think it was called something like Tides of Legacy or whatnot, at any rate it was pretty popular for a short while on Battle.Net.

Level 34
The Kingdom of Kaliron owns. It still needs work, but it's also not inactive, updates are still going on which is always a plus! The interaction system is awesome. The skills are decent, a bit repetitive I think, but still good. I guess it can get boring, it's definitely a grinding game. It also lacks PVP.

Level 2
For me i would say undeadbungie's FF ORPG ALL THE WAY. Really only the true Final Fantasy fans enjoy this game lol. but i do have to say it is way to easy to get some of the good items, like ragnarok for instance.

Level 2
i like the black road 1 because it has many diffrent hero choices a save/load command it has a good profession system and the assassin rules

Level 37
There's nowadays sooo much ORPG games. I have tried few, for example Final Fantasy, Defiance, Black Road. I have to honestly say that they were boring. Just killing creeps for hours then buy items and bla bla for hours.

It can be fun with friends, but only some time. I have never liked game where you save/load. Its stupid to write those codes and bla bla. I prefer games that you play about 30 minutes to 2 hours. Of course campaigns and huge single players with lof of special things are different.

Level 8
I have tried the games you talked about and they're boring... And you can't even play with some members... They whine saying you're stealing their experience... Bullshit I say, an ORPG is meant to be played together not apart from each other... In my fav RPG, The Kingdom of Kaliron, the quests are done together :grin: and you have to actually work in a group instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.