• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is your dream rpg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Ok, im asking everyone, what is your dream rpg?

Well terrained?
Save/load code?
Balanced?
Plenty of hero to choose from?
Many quests?
Triggered spells?

Feel free to extend the questions, what is your absolute dream rpg?

Level 25
An entire RPG game made in Warcraft

Obvious would have an immense lack of save/load coding due to being a campaign and immense size

Now if only Blizzard would make a SDK for small WoW rpg things... Do I have ideas for that...

Level 10
plot/ storyline. alot of RPGs are just mindless killing and leveling in order to kill bigger monsters. pointless.

Level 9
P.S.
If someone or anyone gives me a lot of small or medium terraines with such types as:
Cities , swamps , Villiges , Mountains , Plains , Forests and etc.

and other guy give me a lot of items
i'll take my system with 9+ proffessions and 50+ spells (Fantasy World:Race war http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Maps&ID=5656 or an earlier version Fantasy World:Reborn http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Maps&ID=4553) with their BS & Alchemy system and i'll make good RPG with quests :p

Level 18
Little to know storyline, player designed plots by actions open ended gameplay.

time that changes with gameplay... actions that change the game...

castle building, make your own hero....

ummm make your own spells.......... and lets say,

FUCK STORYLINE GO OPEN ENDED, but not some gay hack and slash...

FUCK THE KING AND FUCK IS DAUGHTER IM FUCKING TIRED OF BEING AN ERAND BOY.

Level 4
Sansui said:
Little to know storyline, player designed plots by actions open ended gameplay.

time that changes with gameplay... actions that change the game...

castle building, make your own hero....

ummm make your own spells.......... and lets say,

**** STORYLINE GO OPEN ENDED, but not some gay hack and slash...

**** THE KING AND **** IS DAUGHTER IM **** TIRED OF BEING AN ERAND BOY.
um...what does the last part mean?you lost me :? or...i lost myself...Like always :|

Level 4
well all of the above :p

You should be able to do a lot of things, forge weapons, dig, cook, hunt, build (with items, like in island trolls) etc. etc.A good story line is needed, with out it the whole thing is well, lost
balanced, great terrian and awesome trigger based spells,all of the things that won't happen :cry:

Level 2
People should take into account the limits of the WE when saying this stuff. A good story is nice, but frankly, most people on here arn't even close to being a professional writer. Half of them can't even type gramatically correct english. So, for me, a story would be nice, if its good. But, if you are just doing a story because everyone says you must have one, please, put your efforts to something else.

Also, another peeve of mine, don't use a cinematic to stare at some guy talking to you for 5 minutes. Cinematic sequences take away the control of the player, and force them to watch something. They shouldn't be forced to watching blizzard's crappy mouth animation repeating for 5 minutes while you give a back story for why I have to go save the king's magical cat. This would be better accomplished by displaying text to all players of the conversation and a quest log addition. Nice, quick, and simple. And I don't get bored and want to commit genocide on the map maker for making me read 3 paragraphs of unimaginative text over a 10 minute interval.

Another thing: Unique game systems. These are probably the hardest to implement into War3, and are what is majorly missing from rpgs. People seem quite content to use the regular rpg hero leveling system blizzard gave us. I, for one, am tired of getting skill points when I level up and having 3 stats, str, agil, int to work with. It would be interesting to see a system where you could advance Max HP, Max Mana, Int, Str, Agil, Armor, and Damage (maybe even speed and attack rate) using a stat point system. It would of course need to be balanced out to work right, but I don't think it would be that difficult to make, and allow greater customization of a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.