• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is the problem with these triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So, I have gone over this a couple of times, and tweaked it back and forth, and there seems to be some sort of problem that I can't seem to spot..

The problem is, that if Trigger 3 (Chain of Frost) is active, Trigger 2 (Shadow Walk) doesn't work and does absolutely nothing except removing the Chain of Frost ability, yet Trigger 3 (Chain of Frost) works fine.
If Trigger 3 (Chain of Frost) is disabled, Trigger 2 (Shadow Walk) works fine.

Q_Int = Integer Array
W_Int = Integer Array
E_Int = Integer Array
Mash = Ability Array

• Get Integers
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mash of the Elements
  • Actions
    • Set Q_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting Unit)))] = (Number of units in Shadow_UnitGroup[(Player number of Owner of (Casting Unit)))]
    • Set W_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting Unit)))] = (Number of units in Frost_UnitGroup[(Player number of Owner of (Casting Unit)))]
    • Set E_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting Unit)))] = (Number of units in Fire_UnitGroup[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting Unit)))]
  • Shadow Walk
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Remove Mash[((Player number of (Owner of Casting Unit)))] from (Casting Unit)
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • Q_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting Unit)))] Equal to 2
        • W_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting Unit)))] Equal to 1
        • E_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting Unit)))] Equal to 0
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Add Shadow Walk to (Casting Unit)
        • Set Mash[(Player Number of (Owner of (Casting Unit)))] = Shadow Walk
  • Chain of Frost
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Remove Mash[((Player number of (Owner of Casting Unit)))] from (Casting Unit)
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • Q_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting Unit)))] Equal to 0
        • W_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting Unit)))] Equal to 3
        • E_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting Unit)))] Equal to 0
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Add Chain of Frost to (Casting Unit)
        • Set Mash[(Player Number of (Owner of (Casting Unit)))] = Chain of Frost
This is probably something incredibly simple, yet I am to tired to spot it :grin:

Last edited:
Level 3
If you remove this line in your shadow walk trigger it should work:

Find a solution to combine both triggers into one. You don't need two triggers for casting " Mash of the Elements".

Called it. Very simple flaw. I didn't remove the the line, I just moved it to after the "If - Condition", and it now works perfectly.

There will be 10 of these triggers, so for now I will keep them in seperat triggers, so they are easier for me to manage. But good point on combining them to 1 trigger.

Thanks a bunch man, you found the problem :)

Problem Solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.