• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What is the name of the triggers needed for Item recepies

Level 4
Hello,
I already found this tutorial on making Item recopies, but I don't get what variable it exacts must be, and I can't find all the triggers used there. Could someone please explain this too me, what the triggers are named, so I can find them?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Hello,
I already found this tutorial on making Item recopies, but I don't get what variable it exacts must be, and I can't find all the triggers used there. Could someone please explain this too me, what the triggers are named, so I can find them?
We can't really find them for you. They're all categorized though, so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

I explained this to you already:

Here's a quick example:
  • Conditions
    • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Gloves of Power (Mask Recipe)
So we see the very first word says "Item-type". That's a good indicator that we're working with Item-Types. Then we see it's equal to Gloves of Power (Mask Recipe), which we know is a type of Item. Another good hint at what it is.

So when you're looking through the list of Conditions you'll see that they're all categorized. Obviously we're working with items here so we should be looking for something with the word Item in it's name. You should quickly find the three categories: Item Comparison, Item-Type Comparison, and Item-Class Comparison. Now we know it must be one of these three since nothing else says anything about an Item, I think it's clear which one you'd want to use here.

Another example:
  • Actions
    • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
Actions are even easier since they literally tell you the category in the first word you see (Item -).

They also have a Search For Text feature which will help you find what you're looking for. If I typed the word "remove" in Search For Text then I would find a few Actions related to removing things. One of them will be under the Item category which is clearly what we want to use.

Last edited:
Level 4
But where the hell is item beeing manipulated... there is nothing that contains "mani".
ok maybe I found it finally. The categorisation is kind of confusing.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
But where the hell is item beeing manipulated... there is nothing that contains "mani".

Anything you see that's colored and underlined can be clicked and changed:

1704601482714.png

So if you click (Item-type of (Last created item)) it will bring up a list of Presets/Variables/Functions to choose from.

You will then see (Last created item) which can be changed as well.

If you click that you will see another list of Presets/Variables/Functions to choose from.

Look inside of those Functions and you will find Event Response - Item being manipulated. Click that and hit OK a few times.

Also, Search For Text is really only useful for finding the base Action. From there you will likely want to modify the Action to do something else, in which case you'll have to do a bit of reading/navigating like we did here. Luckily, most things are categorized.

Last edited: