• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is the best WC3 map you ever played?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Try VZP, it owns all other Vampirism out there.

Anyway, I used to play stunota some time ago, I stopped when it was clearly going imba, look at Tiny, he's basicly getting two nukes + dagon. Any chances?
That is why I play Vampirism, if I am to face something that can own me with 2-3 hits (tiny does) then I shall play Vampirism VZP. Again, VZP isn't only about building, you don't have harvesters here, you build a lumber base, and to get gold you don't just wait for some silly gold bonus, you must destroy gold deposit, to destroy it, you must make a slayer, and those are constantly being hunt by Vampires, that is a constant battle, if not your slayer, then often your base, that is a challenging mix. Not everyone can build properly and count distance properly, could you build a tower with 500 range to always attack vamp? We can, cos we can count the distances properly...

You act as if none of these come up in DotA.

And yes, Tiny will completely rape you if you have no knowledge of what he is capable of.

The only imba hero at the moment is Thrall. And he doesn't have a stun at all.

Level 5
Sheep Tag: It doesnt get old, it's hosted quite a bit, and its very fast-paced. Might be kinda crappy when I play against people who are... nubby, but can be extremely fun when I'm facing good players.

Level 1
one good map is DOTA, and the beta of frosbit cavern isn't nothing bad,gaia's retaliation, empires of the north, and other many maps, I think are good maps, the only problem are we don't know exactly how are everyone of them...and hiveworkshop have many maps...good maps. =)

Ooooh, this thread again.

Zombie Assault Force
Augmentation Warfare
Space Ork Tribe Warz
Warlord Empires
The Darkening Wars
When Freedom Slips Away
This Wreckage
Modern Warfare
World in Conflict
Wanted: Dead or Alive
Tree Tag
Island Defense
Hatchling Tag
Toy Soldiers
Defense of the Ancients
Dodge the Sheep
Faction Wars
Castle Fight
Element TD
Parasyte
Wilderness Survival
Just another Warcraft III map

That's all I can remember.

Level 2

Zombie Assault Force
Augmentation Warfare
Space Ork Tribe Warz
Warlord Empires
The Darkening Wars
When Freedom Slips Away
This Wreckage
Modern Warfare
World in Conflict
Tree Tag
Island Defense
Hatchling Tag
Toy Soldiers
Defense of the Ancients
Dodge the Sheep
Faction Wars
Castle Fight
Element TD
Parasyte
Wilderness Survival

That's alot of the "best map."
Fun wise, probably gonna have to go with Beam Ball. I thought Pirates was a really well made map though.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
"Battle for Middle Earth", version 2.5, by Legend-Fire (back then going by another name). I'm re-posting because I forgot to mention that the version I'm talking about was from, what, 5 years ago? It's hard to properly localize it chronologically because the versions overlapped, but I remember that the map had just gotten off its Reign of Chaos version. 1.8, or 1.9, I'm not sure, were Reign of Chaos, then the following were Frozen Throne.I remember those old Reign of Chaos versions still had an Orange player in command of the Elves of Lórien. The first TFT versions were the first custom maps I ever played across Battle.Net.Those were good versions because the heroes could not destroy entire armies on their own and could actually be killed by other units. They only really became trouble for units when they got past level 10, and even then, they were not invincible.The following version to 2.5 was 3.1, which, in my opinion, screwed up the game for good. Nazgûl became a nightmare for heroes -- and, remembering that the Carrion Swarm spells did even more damage then they do in the current version, units too, but specially for heroes --, you couldn't have them fighting or even in the rear of your forces unless you knew the black riders were a few miles away, because the Nazgûl would come from behind, or catch up with your heroes after a fight, and it'd be a luck if any of your heroes survived.Eventually, their speed was reduced and their spells' effectiveness was diminished, but the game was never the same again. People who play the map today drop their eyes, yell, and flame if they ever spot a Fellowship splitting their heroes, whilst, in version 2.5, I never had a problem, I believe it was even a regular procedure. It was so fun to watch as Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli helped defend Helms Deep while Pippin and Merry were sitting with Treebeard on Fangorn and Gandalf came to help with a bunch of horsemen... Those were the days.The effects of the changes, one of which doubled -- or increased, somehow -- the heroes' damage, is still noticeable today. The game is now about heroes, and if they die, the game loses a lot of its fun factor, the little that it has left after playing a few games, to you. While there are a few units that deal slightly extra damage (+15%) to heroes, it's just not the same anymore, and the damage you can do to any faction is greatly reduced because the heroes are, from level 5 forward, after all, the trump of your own faction.The pressure that is put on hero hunting is, logically, directly proportional to the pressure that is put on players such as the Fellowship or the Nazgûl to hunt heroes, which justifies why hero splitting has now become a major mistake in "Battle for Middle Earth", and, citing the majority of the average player, a «newbie/noob move» for the Fellowship.

Level 6
Cube defense, hero siege, wintermaul, line tower wars, td massacre, castle defense, 10 hero siege (even though it's buggy as hell), battleships, battletanks, AoS, dark deeds and hero defense.

Back in the day there were some cool hero arenas, TDs and RPG's but they have been getting trashier over the years or maybe i'm getting jaded. when i go on battle.net now all I see is an ocean of DotA which I loathe if only because of the people who play them.

Level 12

Zombie Assault Force
Augmentation Warfare
Space Ork Tribe Warz
Warlord Empires
The Darkening Wars
When Freedom Slips Away
This Wreckage
Modern Warfare
World in Conflict
Tree Tag
Island Defense
Hatchling Tag
Toy Soldiers
Defense of the Ancients
Dodge the Sheep
Faction Wars
Castle Fight
Element TD
Parasyte
Wilderness Survival

I luvz Just another Warcraft III map, because the mapmaker of it is an epic failure.

Level 3
Hero Line Wars RoC (first map that I played, and I've been hooked ever since)
Gem TD
Castle Fight
Dark Invasion RPG (the first dark invasion)

If anybody reading this actually plays the first Dark Invasion, let me know. Playing by myself gets old really quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.