• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

what is the best map ever you played here in w3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
pls tell about the best map ever you played even if you played it everyday you dont get bored..any opinion is welcome..:thumbs_up:

Level 7
hmm i say.. there is no such maps that make you satisfy all the way..a map that youre addicted that your day is not complete w/out playing it....amf =_= missing makes you incomplete..hehe

Level 9
Heroes and Empires for an empire builder.
I don't really play RPG's in WC3, so I'd stick to WoW for that one.
The Darkening Wars for a conversion map.
DotA, admittedly, isn't bad with friends, though I prefer Battleships

There was one more innovative map though I don't recall its name at the moment.

Level 34
EotA. Not only do I consider it to be the best gameplay wise, it's one of the most unique and innovative AoSs ever.

-Upgradable items makes for items to be strong throughout the game (even the item you uy at the beginning).
-Stat based spells keep spells good all game long, unlike DotA where skills become outdated. In DotA items > skills. In EotA items make skills better.
-You can spend crystal on stats and skill points (they aren't imba either, unless you use crystal generators which are one of the flaws imo). Talents are another way to spend crystal, and they add effects to your skills making for more customization each game. -There are generators that can be built which can be upgraded to a whole wack of things. Energy allows you to make the generator into different things, or you can build unit towers to add to unit waves (which is pretty much necessary in multiplayer).
-All the skills in the game are unique, and very beautiful effect wise. The spells are a bit unbalanced, but the heroes themselves are pretty balanced when played properly.
-There are four areas that you can play. Each are quite well terrained although I've seen better. It is better than DotAs.
-There are three races, which could be seen as a negative or a positive. I like it personally. Only two races play at once, and it is random which race you will get. There is no all pick. In fact there is only one mode, but there are multiple ways to win.
-You can see the damage of all your spells at any time (everything calculated).

That's all I'll say for now. It's too long already. :p

Level 17
EotA. Not only do I consider it to be the best gameplay wise, it's one of the most unique and innovative AoSs ever.

-Upgradable items makes for items to be strong throughout the game (even the item you uy at the beginning).
-Stat based spells keep spells good all game long, unlike DotA where skills become outdated. In DotA items > skills. In EotA items make skills better.
-You can spend crystal on stats and skill points (they aren't imba either, unless you use crystal generators which are one of the flaws imo). Talents are another way to spend crystal, and they add effects to your skills making for more customization each game. -There are generators that can be built which can be upgraded to a whole wack of things. Energy allows you to make the generator into different things, or you can build unit towers to add to unit waves (which is pretty much necessary in multiplayer).
-All the skills in the game are unique, and very beautiful effect wise. The spells are a bit unbalanced, but the heroes themselves are pretty balanced when played properly.
-There are four areas that you can play. Each are quite well terrained although I've seen better. It is better than DotAs.
-There are three races, which could be seen as a negative or a positive. I like it personally. Only two races play at once, and it is random which race you will get. There is no all pick. In fact there is only one mode, but there are multiple ways to win.
-You can see the damage of all your spells at any time (everything calculated).

That's all I'll say for now. It's too long already. :p
user_offline.gif

Sounds like your bashing Dota more than your praising Eota.

Oh and for me, it would have to be Battleships.

It's really fun

Edit: Woah gilles, did I just fucking copy your buttons under your post?!

Level 6
Quoted because it's true.

Except for that, I don't have any favorite maps, I like to differ from TDs to bossmaps, and castle builder maps.

Level 7
My Fave Maps on War;III

Best roleplay:Saga RP
Best RPG:TKOK
Best builder:Medieval Builder
Best TD:pally TD
Best AoS: none, all aos' maps are repulsive
Best Tech Wars: Borreal Conflict, Tales of Kaltazar.
Best Map all round is definetely SRP
Best game type: Roleplay, clashes with builders but for the sake of it being able to do anything, roleplay kicks in one last chance to get the gold medal! :)
hell, it required 4 charecters, rofl?

Level 6
In my opinion:

Best Made Maps
  • Castle Fight
  • Shopping Maul
  • Gem TD

Most Enjoyable Maps
  • Europe Before Rome
  • Gang Wars Tournament
  • JaMiteR's Gangsters

Most Potentially Awesome But Doesn't Quite Make It Maps
  • Team Line Tower Wars
  • Azeroth Wars
  • Lordaeron Tactics
  • Star Wars Clone Wars (Space-Land Star Wars strat)

No doubt is my list is horribly biased in the fact that I happen to despise AoSes and RPGs, while having an undying love for strategies.

Level 8
Desert of Exile
Water Wars
Kingdom of Kaliron
Metroid Search for Samus
Wanted!
Snipers Remix
Elimination Tournament

Level 9
Fuck dota.

The best and most fun i've played was "Hide and Seek". I had a lot of laughs and good times when i played it with friends and random people. Great game.

My other favorite maps:

Pyramid Escape
AoM
AotZ
HoSK
Parasite
Poke the angry ogre
Worm War
Uther Party
DoE
Angel Arena

Level 22
1. Elimination Tournament (1 and 2)
2. Dota (Yes, yes, dota is a fun game. dont blast me for this. i only hate the dota fanboys and the hardcore dota players)
3. Tok: BC (Fun tech wars, latest version is unprotected so i used it as a trigger template)
4. Uther Party Ultima (Fun game, lots of laughs.)
5. Um... Probably hiding in my mind.
6. Yah, defintely hiding in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.