• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] What is Damage Engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
What exactly do you not understand?

Because, you know, there are explanations in the Damage Engine trigger (assuming you are talking about Bribe's Damage Engine). Just look at the example map: there are two main triggers, Damage Engine and Damage Engine Config. Then look at the example trigger: there's one for editing the damage and one where you can use the damage for anything you want, like show a floating text above attacked units.

Level 8
What exactly do you not understand?

Because, you know, there are explanations in the Damage Engine trigger (assuming you are talking about Bribe's Damage Engine). Just look at the example map: there are two main triggers, Damage Engine and Damage Engine Config. Then look at the example trigger: there's one for editing the damage and one where you can use the damage for anything you want, like show a floating text above attacked units.
What I want to know is how can this System help me Create Spells like it says?

Level 39
There's an entire section of the system documentation called "Custom abilities in the test map".... It's on the resource description in 'hidden' box you have to open, but it's there. The triggers are also in the test map; these are all examples of how triggered spells might use a DDS. USE YOUR EYES!

The main purpose of a DDS is give a generic "any unit takes damage" event which Wc3 natively does not have (1.31 will add this event but it's on the PTR now). The secondary purpose is to tell if the damage was caused by a spell or by an attack, usually so you can do something when a unit damages another unit with an attack.

Level 8
There's an entire section of the system documentation called "Custom abilities in the test map".... It's on the resource description in 'hidden' box you have to open, but it's there. The triggers are also in the test map; these are all examples of how triggered spells might use a DDS. USE YOUR EYES!

The main purpose of a DDS is give a generic "any unit takes damage" event which Wc3 natively does not have (1.31 will add this event but it's on the PTR now). The secondary purpose is to tell if the damage was caused by a spell or by an attack, usually so you can do something when a unit damages another unit with an attack.
can you give me examples of spells I can make of it?

Level 39
Come on, man, I literally just said this.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
So I have an ability if there are units near the hero the Spells damage them and theres a chance of that happening is that how it works?
Can I use Damage Detection to make a similar ability to the one I said?
In better words, an ability which if there are units near the hero that are attacking, there's a chance in each attack to trigger a certain spell?
Yes it is possible to do, you just have to attempt to do it so you can see the actual potential of the DDS system.

Status
Not open for further replies.