• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is blp.????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
When importing something what does blp stand for and why cant i use the models that come with it?

Ham

Ham

Level 5
When importing something what does blp stand for and why cant i use the models that come with it?

BLP stands for "Blip" there are no such models .blp they are .mld or .mdx

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
blp is a file extension use for WC3 textures. It is a bitmap storage archive form which I believe has some compression. Logically they can not be displayed outside of models as they are purly an image and need a model file to be displayed. Icons and other such data are easy to get displayed, but skins require the right model inorder for them to work.

Level 4
its a textures file

EDIT:
its normaly patch warcraft 3 blablabla you have to change it to texture.blp or something like that for the importet model to work

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.