• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is balance for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
ugliness is the absence of beauty... and the list goes on.

Not true. Just because you aren't beautiful doesn't make you ugly.
There are tons of people who are neither beautiful nor ugly. -.-

Furthermore you guys mix up balance types between themselves. Fail.

Level 11
Ok so here's another balance perspective for u guys :p

Think about knowledge and mistery...We human kind seek out to expand our knowledge everytime...Think about the technological advancement, the cultural advancement, space rockets, new theories, teleportation...Yet when we expand our knowledge, a mistery is elucidated...But right after that, with the knowledge, comes a new mistery, a new question for us to seek answers so this is the balance in this
There will always be a mistery, a secret, a question to us, and we will always have the thirst for knowledge to answer that question, yet when we do it, another question comes up
So basically, there is no knowledge without mistery and there is no mistery without knowledge

Level 22

Could you make an intelligent statement, or do you just plan to call us idiots? I'm not sure what your post achieves other than furthering our points.

Absence means complete lack of, no one should use this word when referring to balance, because in absence only imbalance remains.

Level 11

didnotgetthejoke.jpg

Absence means complete lack of, no one should use this word when referring to balance, because in absence only imbalance remains.

I don't understand what 'opposing forces' are, as from what I looks to me, they're simply absences of another object.

Here's my perspective:

Darkness is a lack of light.
Complete darkness is achieved when there is no light.
'Dim' or 'Dark' situations are when light is not strong. It is a comparison to other situations when light is stronger. It is a comparison.
'Bright' is when there is lots of light. Darkness can still exist when compared to a brighter light source. (i.e. a light bulb to a star)

Your perspective is different from mine. We do not see eye to eye on this, thus I use the term perspective.

Level 9
Derp - Indeed, our perspectives are different.

Edhel-dur - a person who is neither beautiful neither ugly is a person who is actually beautiful but not enough for us to see it... basically a normal looking person.

Dynamiczx - interesting one... i really see where you are going... yet knowledge and mystery aren't really opposite... you could better say questions and answers....

Level 22
didnotgetthejoke.jpg

Here's my perspective:

Darkness is a lack of light.
Complete darkness is achieved when there is no light.
'Dim' or 'Dark' situations are when light is not strong. It is a comparison to other situations when light is stronger. It is a comparison.
'Bright' is when there is lots of light. Darkness can still exist when compared to a brighter light source. (i.e. a light bulb to a star)

Your perspective is different from mine. We do not see eye to eye on this, thus I use the term perspective.

I think I understand your point, Darkness is a lack of Light, therefore there is only one force which is Light, because Darkness is just a lack thereof.

My theory is more metaphoric to be honest. In many situations it doesn't apply literally.

Level 14
Could you make an intelligent statement, or do you just plan to call us idiots? I'm not sure what your post achieves other than furthering our points.

First of all, I'd like to say that it seems to be a mistake to come on a forum for gamers and modders to talk about... balance.

For a gamer, balance means equal opportunities. In chess both players have equal opportunities to win the match. The pieces are exactly the same, the rules are the same, the 'terrain' is the same, only difference is color.

But than again, there is balance in the form of physical equilibrum, like how ppl can maintain their balance while walking on a rope.

Than there is like a 3rd type of balance, the balance in nature. Which actually it refers to harmony. EG "are there enough cats to eat mice, or will the mice be able to reproduce enough that the current amount of cats will not be able to take care of them and thus the mice will overpopulate the cats and rule the restaurant kitchen through sheer numbers".

I think the OP is reffering to harmony, while GamerCreutz is reffering to equal opportunities.

You sir have not been paying attention to the thread. :pir:

Unfortunately since the name of the thread is simply "Balance for you".... people start mixing in all the 3 types of balance into the conversation/debate, from which nothing worth while is understood.

Someone simply says "there is no balance in the world, humans are imbalanced, look at war!!!!" while someone else says "in absence of light there is darkness, that is balance" and than the two just debate about "balance" without realising that they are talking about different types of balance which refer to different circumstances.

All and all, this discussion is simply just very chaotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.