• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] What in the hell am I doing wrong?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
:ned: I have been having a problem with WC3 triggers ever since I looked into the editor. Okay, so I decided to open up an Untitled map and mess around with stuff. HOWEVA, once i get into the triggers, whenever I test the trigger in game, the damn things never work! None of em! I MUST be doing something wrong, because the damn trigger editor is acting like it's hating me. :cry:

• revive
  • Events
  • Unit - PEWPEW 0009 <gen> Dies
  • Conditions
  • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 9 (Gray)
  • Actions
  • Wait 3.00 game-time seconds.
  • Unit - Create 1 PEWPEW for Player 9 (Gray) at (Center of Revive <gen>) facing 313.00 degrees
  • Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to (Center of (Playable map area)) over 2.00 seconds
  • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 9 (Gray) the text: Your PEWPEW is back...
  • invulnerable base
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • PEWPEW Base 0010 <gen> Equal to PEWPEW Base 0010 <gen>
  • Actions
  • Unit - Make PEWPEW Base 0010 <gen> Invulnerable
Alright, what am I doing wrong here? :ned:

Level 16
  • Conditions
  • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 9 (Gray)
Change it to
  • Conditions
  • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
and
  • Unit - Create 1 PEWPEW for Player 9 (Gray) at (Center of Revive <gen>) facing 313.00 degrees
to
  • Unit - Create 1 PEWPEW for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Revive <gen>) facing 313.00 degrees

Level 7
Your second trigger has no event. No event means the trigger doesn't know when to start running.

Level 12
And the condition in the second spell is useless- remove it, the trigger will execute anyway.

On the first spell you need to pan the camera for Player 9 (Gray).
And you should store your units into variables, it should look like this: (PEWpew IS A VARIABLE!!!)
  • Revive
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit dies
    • Conditions
      • And (All conditions)
        • (Triggering Unit) equal to PEWpew
        • Owner of (Triggering Unit) equal to Player 9 (Gray)
    • Actions
      • Wait 3.00 game- time seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 PEWPEW for Player 9 (Gray) at (Center of Revive <gen>) facing 303.00 degrees
      • Set PEWpew = (Last Created Unit)
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 9 (Gray) to Position of (PEWpew) over 2.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 9 (Gray) the text: Your PEWPEW is back...

Level 3
And the condition in the second spell is useless- remove it, the trigger will execute anyway.

And you should store your units into variables, it should look like this: (PEWpew IS A VARIABLE!!!)
  • Revive
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit dies
    • Conditions
      • And (All conditions)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 PEWPEW for Player 9 (Gray) at (Center of Revive <gen>) facing 303.00 degrees
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 9 (Gray) to Position of (PEWpew) over 2.00 seconds

that sounds right

Level 4

• Revive
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit dies
    • Conditions
      • And (All conditions)
    • Actions

:ned: LOL, I just now noticed that I totally messed up on the camera panning, my bad :p.

But wait, why do I need this?:

Why do I need to tell it that it is the last created unit? I mean, even though it is, what is it going to change? :ned:

Status
Not open for further replies.