• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What I think: Disney XD should replace the original Disney Channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
With the recent cancel of "Phineas and Ferb" series, we should make Disney XD to replace the vanilla one. Now, only crap shows are broadcasting on Disney Channel (I have to suffer from Disney Asia by watching crap Malaysian cartoon)
Thats reason number 1.
However, XD don't have to suffer the same fate. They actually broadcasting good stuffs on it. While they are less popular than the vanilla one, they have the potential to become a good channel like the old days of glory from Disney Channel.
Now, there are some points that need to be consider, like they only airing action cartoons and sitcoms, mostly for boys and young male adults. But, from an equality point of view, I think both genders can watch the same shows (Like the old days when the boys and girls watched Totally Spies, even though its considered a girl's series).
How do you think? What's your opinion?

(PS: Disney XD also broadcasts Dr.Who)

Level 9
My opinion was no.
And then your PS convinced me to change that.

To hell no.

why?
Well, there is an opinion: just leave things what they are, don't try to change them. Not really anyone would be comfortable with the changes, if you have stayed with the channel for a long time. But, at the other perspective, you really think about it? Is there a reason?
For me, I still want XD to take over, mostly for improving my animation taste that has lost for a few years.
And there are some good series on the vanilla one that I forgot to mention, like Art Attack (I've spent most of my time watching it), and they still airing some old shows like The Replacements.
HOWEVER, I'm not a man of the past, so its better for one to move on, rather than grabbing what tit still got. Disney Channel still got its charm, but will that charm last forever? It had the charm from many years ago, but now lost it, only trying to show what it got and suffering the same fate of Nickloedon. Better to have a replacement, you know.

Last edited:
Level 9
Who watches modern Disney cartoons? Well other than some of their Marvel ones.

Even "Phineas and Ferb" make me sick when I see them. They should be showing good stuff like this. Ah if only it was not cancelled in 1992 odd.

There is a remake of Ducktales incoming, y'know....
Well, if you ask who's watching Disney cartoon now, there are lots of children grow up in this era but can't watch old cartoons, so they try to give them new ones. And there are also people like me, who gets bored with life and try to find fun in cartoons or anything.

Level 9
Which looking at some of Disney's production quality might not be a good thing. Guess it depends on who writes it.

I guess that they still kept the original script (?), but the chance of a new writer is too damn high.
For me, thinks with Disney production quality has gone better over the course, I mean, look at their movies and series, they still have some..... quality.
(Not the best one of course,)

Status
Not open for further replies.