• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What has just happened???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

"...social network"

Yeah :D I wonder what this site would be without the little section on every profile's page called "Friends". Ideal wc3 community? Dead wc3 community?

Post #12 lightened me a bit. Thanks to kael for posting that.

I really don't give a s*it 'bout who left, but the resources leaving from site is sad :/ Their owners are assholes and those who keeps their resources on the forum are ideal modders :)

I worried more about the hacking thingy I read on Ralle's long post on the... was it tinyurl redirect don't remember.

Level 5
well, its really sad all of this happened, i remembered the old days when i was noob at hive =/

Level 6
Why cant ralle unban all the people he banned?THen evryone would be happy...
lol Dogzo^^ You sound so cute and innocent hehe

There was probably good reasons for banning the users that got banned, at that moment, but i think that if we want them to come back then someone who knows them and can contact them outside of hive should talk to them and try to get them to admit to, if not breaking, atleast bending the rules a bit too much and maybe doing so repeatedly over a short period of time.
Acting like that is extremely provocative and it's often done just because of that, they want to be provocative(eventhough they will probably never admit to that).

If they can atleast admit to themselves that they might have acted slightly out of line and maybe done so once or twice too many we would have come a long way.
Think if someone like me had acted like they did, would that justify some kind of punishment? Most likely it would!
And why should there be a difference between us regarding following the rules?

You might say that since you have contributed so much to the site that you deserve some recognition for it.....eeh or shall we call it reputation?.....and deserve some slack.
But you might also say that since you obviously have participated actively in this forum over a long period of time, much longer than i.e. me, then you should be well aware of it's rules and be alot less likely to break them....soo shouldn't it actually be a bit harsher for you? Since you obviously should know that you are doing smth wrong.

Or maybe i'm wrong, maybe you didn't know you were doing smth wrong, why is that you think? Maybe because u've gotten so much slack previously that you thought it was okay?
Hmmmmm.....seems like this repu...recognition kind of works against you this time....and that's unfair you think? If someone has had a job for 20 years and still doesn't know how to do it, shouldn't he be more likely to be let off than someone whos had the job for 2 months and does the same mistake(s)?

Anyways, if you absolutely want to blame Ralle for this, it is possible, but only in the way that he's been too kind and forgiving previously, so the well-known/very active members have gotten a bit too comfortable and started feeling like they are above the rules.
I don't mean all the rules ofcourse, but even breaking the smallest of rules gets annoying when it's done repeatedly, especially if it's done frequently over a short period of time, even more so if it's been like that for a long time! :p

I understand their egos might be hurting and they feel mistreated because of such harsh punishments, but if they can just be a little bit humble and admit to maybe bending the rules a bit too much, a bit too many times, and maybe, just maybe, even tried to act provocative at times we have come a looooong way!
Next thing would be to take a deep breath and admit to Ralle that you recognize what you have done wrong and that if you get a chance you wont be doing so again, and hopefully you can bite so hard down into the sour apple that you might even admit to understanding why he did what he did(banning/demoting...w/e) and back up his vision of how this site should be in the future. If you're extra nice you might even offer assisting in making these adjustments/improvements, and getting ppl to behave properly like everyone should anyways....
If you do this i doubt Ralle will have any problems with welcoming you back and if he's still hurting, maybe u've insulted him earlier or been particulary offensive/provocative, he might give you a probationary period with absolute zero tolerance which imo would be fair after such behavior has been going on....it's tough to bow down, but remember it's his site, he is paying for it, he is the one who made it all happen in the first place and he is the only one who got the right to do exactly as he please about this site....and i sincerely doubt you've had anything against him before this insident so don't come and say you can't support this man in his vision, you have allways done so before and it's been great so far, it is what keeps the mapmakers making maps and by that keeps WC3 not only alive, but also expanding. It's not like this zero tolerance thing is gonna last forever, when this completely calms down(maybe 3-4 weeks from now), everything is probably back to how it was except there wont be more frequent rule breaking from the "super-users" if i can call them that :p

So what do you say? Something this beneficial for a game that you love so much can't get nothing but a "HURRAAAY FOR HIVE!!!" :D

PS: sry for making a post way too long for most ppl to bother reading, but i hope it helps those that do read it :p

Level 5
lol Dogzo^^ You sound so cute and innocent hehe

There was probably good reasons for banning the users that got banned, at that moment, but i think that if we want them to come back then someone who knows them and can contact them outside of hive should talk to them and try to get them to admit to, if not breaking, atleast bending the rules a bit too much and maybe doing so repeatedly over a short period of time.
Acting like that is extremely provocative and it's often done just because of that, they want to be provocative(eventhough they will probably never admit to that).

If they can atleast admit to themselves that they might have acted slightly out of line and maybe done so once or twice too many we would have come a long way.
Think if someone like me had acted like they did, would that justify some kind of punishment? Most likely it would!
And why should there be a difference between us regarding following the rules?

You might say that since you have contributed so much to the site that you deserve some recognition for it.....eeh or shall we call it reputation?.....and deserve some slack.
But you might also say that since you obviously have participated actively in this forum over a long period of time, much longer than i.e. me, then you should be well aware of it's rules and be alot less likely to break them....soo shouldn't it actually be a bit harsher for you? Since you obviously should know that you are doing smth wrong.

Or maybe i'm wrong, maybe you didn't know you were doing smth wrong, why is that you think? Maybe because u've gotten so much slack previously that you thought it was okay?
Hmmmmm.....seems like this repu...recognition kind of works against you this time....and that's unfair you think? If someone has had a job for 20 years and still doesn't know how to do it, shouldn't he be more likely to be let off than someone whos had the job for 2 months and does the same mistake(s)?

Anyways, if you absolutely want to blame Ralle for this, it is possible, but only in the way that he's been too kind and forgiving previously, so the well-known/very active members have gotten a bit too comfortable and started feeling like they are above the rules.
I don't mean all the rules ofcourse, but even breaking the smallest of rules gets annoying when it's done repeatedly, especially if it's done frequently over a short period of time, even more so if it's been like that for a long time! :p

I understand their egos might be hurting and they feel mistreated because of such harsh punishments, but if they can just be a little bit humble and admit to maybe bending the rules a bit too much, a bit too many times, and maybe, just maybe, even tried to act provocative at times we have come a looooong way!
Next thing would be to take a deep breath and admit to Ralle that you recognize what you have done wrong and that if you get a chance you wont be doing so again, and hopefully you can bite so hard down into the sour apple that you might even admit to understanding why he did what he did(banning/demoting...w/e) and back up his vision of how this site should be in the future. If you're extra nice you might even offer assisting in making these adjustments/improvements, and getting ppl to behave properly like everyone should anyways....
If you do this i doubt Ralle will have any problems with welcoming you back and if he's still hurting, maybe u've insulted him earlier or been particulary offensive/provocative, he might give you a probationary period with absolute zero tolerance which imo would be fair after such behavior has been going on....it's tough to bow down, but remember it's his site, he is paying for it, he is the one who made it all happen in the first place and he is the only one who got the right to do exactly as he please about this site....and i sincerely doubt you've had anything against him before this insident so don't come and say you can't support this man in his vision, you have allways done so before and it's been great so far, it is what keeps the mapmakers making maps and by that keeps WC3 not only alive, but also expanding. It's not like this zero tolerance thing is gonna last forever, when this completely calms down(maybe 3-4 weeks from now), everything is probably back to how it was except there wont be more frequent rule breaking from the "super-users" if i can call them that :p

So what do you say? Something this beneficial for a game that you love so much can't get nothing but a "HURRAAAY FOR HIVE!!!" :D

PS: sry for making a post way too long for most ppl to bother reading, but i hope it helps those that do read it :p
such a big wall of text, so bored to read :D...

Status
Not open for further replies.