• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Suggestions to Micro-Wars (map not done yet)

Ignore the poll part, the poll is CLOSED. skip straight to the bottom-ish part.

Hi all it's MacMacNuggets here. I'm posting to ask for the general public's opinion. I've got three map ideas but I don't know what map to do first. I only have one day a week to use the computer for non-educational stuff. So I need to know which map idea is "the best" so I know what to focus on. I don't know how to make a poll so you have to post your votes as a comment.

Idea 1: God's Village
A hero and builder game that objective is to survive waves of creeps with the help of your god hero and soldiers and towers made by your village.

Idea 2: Micro-Wars
You control a colony or a single microorganism fighter that fights creeps or other micro-fighters to win. The game uses arrow key movement and hot key skill control.

Idea 3: Soulmate Dual RPG
A RPG game that objective is to infiltrate the Shadow Soul Fortress and destroy the enemies' Soul Sucker Machine. But before that, you must train you and your soul bonded pet or "daemon". Your daemon is linked to your soul and when it gets hurt, you get hurt and vice versa. It us like a 2 character RPG .

Together with your vote, also list why you chose that idea and what you look forward to see in the map in your post.

POLL CLOSED, MICRO-WARS WINS!!!

3 votes for Micro-Wars. Micro-Wars wins!!! *throws confetti into the air*

Since Micro-Wars EpIcLy THRASHED the other ideas, I shall go with it =)

Do you all have any suggestions to it?

Last edited:
Level 5
3 votes for Micro-Wars. Micro-Wars wins!!! *throws confetti into the air*

Since Micro-Wars EpIcLy THRASHED the other ideas, I shall go with it =)

Do you all have any suggestions to it?

Level 9
Spore rules.I lost my disc tho :(

In spore you can choose to be carnivore or herbivore.But can you make an additional option to be 'parasite'?If you agree then I can elaborate.

Level 9
This stuff isnt in spore.

You can choose to infect any organism.Hosts have 2 characteristics:
a)Food
b)Immunity

Food Increases your numbers and immunity is the strength of the immune system.
You can also work with different 'races' of viruses.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

This stuff isnt in spore.

You can choose to infect any organism.Hosts have 2 characteristics:
a)Food
b)Immunity

Food Increases your numbers and immunity is the strength of the immune system.
You can also work with different 'races' of viruses.

I'm already making a game like spore.

Level 5
A brief summary on Micro-Wars
You start as a single level one Micro-Fighter. As you kill creeps or heroes, you level up and become slightly stronger. Everytime you kill another enemy Micro-Fighter, you gain one minion and half of the amount of minions the killed Fighter has (rounded down). If you are killed, you lose all your minions. A minion is a smaller duplicate of your self. The minion is a locust unit that does whatever you do. However, it does half your damage.

Your Micro-Fighter is controlled by arrow key movement and Hotkey spell control.

Your Fighter starts out as a circular microorganism with a level one stinger and a pair of legs and no minions.

You can upgrade your stinger to increase it's damage. When your stinger hits level 3, you can upgrade it to have a special ability example cell wall cutter or immobolizer. Max level of stinger is level 5 you can also buy another stinger/sell stingers. The number of max stingers you can have is determined by your Fighter's shape. You can also replace your stinger with different modes of weapons example shooting weapons and etc

You can also upgrade your Fighter's cell wall. Your Fighter starts with no cell wall. The cell wall determines your armour and cell shape. Higher armor allows you to reduce damage taken. The cell shape allows you to have more pairs of legs or weapons.

The number of pairs of legs your Fighter has determines its mobility. One pair of legs allows you to only move forward or rotate at one time. Two pairs makes you able to move forward, diagonally and rotate and so on. The level of your legs can be improved to make you move faster.

Also, you can buy skills like multiply, grapple, charge and spine strike.

The "money" in this game is evolution points. It is awarded for everytime you kill another Fighter and when you kill creeps

You win by either reaching a kill limit or a minion limit.

Last edited:
Level 5
I've got some sketches of some Micro-Fighters with my iPhone.
image.jpg
e6b2d5c1.jpg
2f11e5e1.jpg
e938b92d.jpg
fe0732fe.jpg

The color of the cell wall corresponds to the player color. The triangular Micro-Fighter was made wrongly. The stinger shouldn't be attached like that. The circular Fighter has a level 2 stinger =)

Last edited:
Level 9
Item-Virus.
You can use the virus to reduce the opponents hp,or speed.Or to increase your own stats.You can ally with a virus colony.

Level 5
No as my mother ony let's me use the computer for fun on Fridays... Also, I can't think of a good map type... And whether I should make it an AoS or a hero arena like game. Also, I need a modeller and an icon maker...

Anymore suggestions?

Last edited:
Level 19
Any would do. If a hero arena, make them fight in a body of a creature/person. If ans Aos, make their building to destroy a vital organ of the opposing body. Ex. one destroys the heart of the enemy base while the other destroys the virus camp or something. Try to make it immune system vs. viruses.

Level 5
Hmm...

I think I'll make the game like this...
The game is about Survival. Goal is to eliminate all other micro-fighters.
You are spawned at a random location on the map and you start with a basic fighter and a mother virus. When ever you kill something, you will not gain exp or evolution points unless you report back to the mother virus to claim it. Whenever your fighter levels up, you mother virus levels up too. Leveling up gives your fighter and your mother virus a skill point. The fighters skills is based either on defense or offense, defending the mother virus or attacking others. The mother virus skills are focused on letting the fighter defend her more easily, home teleportation, or to defend herself better, increase armor and damage. The fighter attacked by getting their pincers or stingers onto the enemy or successfully shooting them and the mother attacked by letting out a power pulse every 1 Second when an enemy is in range. This gives shooters an advantage but the mother does have some anti range abilities.

Evolution points allow the fighter to get weapon and armor upgrades.

The fight takes place on a dust particle. It started when a virus evoked so rapidly that it branched out onto different species... And this dust particle has only spec for one species...

Level 9
Mother virus also can spawn more viruses.Also have special abilities

Colony:Creates a colony which spawns fighters and causes damage to other fighters around the colony

Screech:Uses a horrible evolutionary trait to create voices which immobilize other microes

Spawn(Probably OP,lots of EP required.):Upon death,virus will split into two viruses.Over time they will become two powerful viruses.

Level 5
Urmm... Pratically nothing... I've still not sure abput what I'm gonna do...
Anymore Suggestions?

AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO START WITH!!! IM SHORT OF A MODELLER AND A TERRAINER!!! CAN SOMEONE RECOMMEND SOME GOOD SOULS TO ME?

Level 5
Sorry for the silence... Trying to get the terrain done but I don't know what does a dust particle look like from a microorgansim's point of view.

I've been quite lazy and I don't feel like replying to all the posts you guys make... But I'm still going to take a look at them to gather ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.