• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rise of the Clans First Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey guys, I've been working on this map for a while and I think it has just enough content to give a good taster of what the gameplay is going to be like.

Now I'm not an amazing mapper, I'm moderate - good I would say. So please consider that.

Basically the idea of this map is to build large and flourishing towns/villages from just a man and a woman who begin they're lives in the wilderness.

I've been trying to design this game around building your village just the way you want it, no fixed rotations for buildings, lots of little decorations like torches/lamp posts, decorative trees, statues and lots of miscellaneous buildings to really personalise your village.

Its a game of patience and passive enjoyment, but there will be the option to war with other clans when I finish the tech trees and units for singleplayer. Though war will really be at a great cost to your people, the lives of your men and women are much more precious in this game, you have to breed the soldiers and then equip them, which will drain your resources and will need a lot of time to recover depending on the size of the war. So war will usually consist of raiding parties and skirmishes.

In the future I plan to make beautifal landscapes to build your villages into, to make them really interesting. As long as players play nicely, you can show of your rich and powerful town.

A main message of this game is to be creative in your design!

So anyway, I give you a warning. This game is for patient rpg strategy game loving people!

This map is protected people, and it's staying that way unless you feel you can really contribute to it. In which case you have to gain my trust to gain access.

http://www.filefront.com/16218789/Rise of the Clans First Beta.w3x

Please be constructive in your feedback,
please be looking out for bugs and other things that need fixing,
please also contribute any ideas you have!

You will be credited in the map for your sizable contributions!

Thanks guys!

Level 5
Well the thing is, you have to craft the weapons which the village males then pick up in their inventory. So making soldiers is already costly and takes time to build a decent warband.

Status
Not open for further replies.