What exactly does the native function "SetTextTagVelocity"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I think it just change the y and z position of the texttag (although there says "xvel" and "yvel"), well, I tried emulate that and the movements aren't the same, my texttag movement looks inclined depending from where I am seeing it while the normal function always looks straight no matter where I am seeing it from.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 27
1620003239142.png

it changes the x and y position.
1620003343539.png

There's no point in using the native over the BJ if you want to make something simple.

Level 24
View attachment 378487
it changes the x and y position.
View attachment 378488
There's no point in using the native over the BJ if you want to make something simple.
I asked what EXACTLY does that, and that isn't I said that
I think it just change the y and z position of the texttag (although there says "xvel" and "yvel"), well, I tried emulate that and the movements aren't the same, my texttag movement looks inclined depending from where I am seeing it while the normal function always looks straight no matter where I am seeing it from.
And if you ask why I am doing this is because I wanna create a library that stores every data of the texttags that includes x,y,z position.

PD: Title edited.

Last edited:

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 27
And if you ask why I am doing this is because I wanna create a library that stores every data of the texttags that includes x,y,z position.
Good stuff.
I asked what EXACTLY does that, and that isn't I said that
I believe we have an english problem then. If you're asking what exactly the function does, then I already said it, it changes X and Y position given a speed for each axis.
well, I tried emulate that and the movements aren't the same, my texttag movement looks inclined depending from where I am seeing it while the normal function always looks straight no matter where I am seeing it from.
If floating texts movement are relative to the game camera rotation, then this library and idea are impossible. If one player has his camera to the standard 90º rotation, and the floating text has in its attributes a 90º angle then it will go up. Yet if another player has its camera to let's say 0º rotation, the floating text still will go 90º relative to the camera's rotation, going up. You can't win.

Level 24
When you create a floating text, it takes x and y. That's what I meant.
Even if you create it on a unit, you can easily know the position of the floating text with the coordinates of the unit.
Do you know what I mean? Try yourself to returning back the text to its original position using SetTextTagPos or SetTextTagPosUnit.

Edit: I found by using "SetTextTagAge(tt,0.00)" returns the text back to its original position and "SetTextTagSuspended(tt,true)" prevents it of moving.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.