1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

What do you dislike most about DotA:Allstars?

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by qwerty, Sep 24, 2005.

?

What do you dislike most?

1. Unbalanced Spells

100.0%
  2. Unbalanced Heroes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Poor Plot (or in this case, no plot)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Terrain (size and/or appearance)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. All of the above

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qwerty

qwerty

Resources:
    Resources:
    What the topic says :wink:

2. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    All of the above + its excessive popularity, despite it sucking worse than a leech on the suckiest day of the year

3. Gerrard

Gerrard

Resources:
    Resources:
    All of the above + The fact the creeps are so pathetic, you cant upgrade them like even on other primitive maps.

So when you build up a train of 20 creeps and then 2 enemy heroes appear gang you and walk away without a sratch.
    The whole map ends up just with the assassin heroes dominating and gameplay to just gangbang.
    barely and other tactics or strategy.

4. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Even at lvl 1 the mobs are useless...they're nothing more then fodder. Its all a battle between heroes....and when you get heroes that can run faster then anything in wc3, are invisible, can kill most heroes in 1 melee attacks and have the capabilities of killing entire clusters of heroes in 1.5 seconds with a spell...its pretty obvious where the game goes. Horrible balancing, boring terrain...there were creeps....?
    -VGsatomi

5. cowboybill

cowboybill

Resources:
    Resources:
    All of the above definitly. the balancing especially is horrible, having a level gap of just 3 levels or so is enough to own lower level heroes, and the people who win the game are the ones that deal the most damage....casters with incredibly imbalanced spells like crystal maiden have such a huge advantage that it totaly ruins the game, same with techies and their suiciding attack, the game lacks to much strategy.....just get the strongest items and its gg :?

6. Draqz

Draqz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    another dota bashing topic... doesn't this ever get old for you guys?

7. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I actually play DotA, but I cannot disagree with you people. Creeps are, yes, a cash machine. The only funny part on the game is at start, where a high number of creeps can be a problem. Later, creeps are just annoying by blocking, etc. And Intelligence Heroes become pathetic later. Strength Heroes get a huge amount of hitpoints, and the casters' spells become useless. If a caster wants to own, he must stick with his allies and gain a good amount of kills to get the better items fast. In any of the ways, strength heroes totally own in dota. Terrain sucks too.

The game is kinda fun but I don't think that it's enough to be that popular... :?

-Rui

8. Dracula

Dracula

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    HEY u dont have the right topic

I DONT LIKE DOTA is because ITS A AOS MAP!!! :evil: :evil:

9. Fulla

Fulla

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    All of above + the Dota community.

I must admit I do enjoy a clan wars, simply cause generally both teams will be good and working together, and wont get things like e.g. some noob giving countless free kills to the other team.

But what really annoys me is this
    " ap = noob, ar = pro" If the heroes were all balanced yea I may agree.

Several clans Ive asked and its pretty much.

Me: 5v5 -ap?
    Random Person: no ap = noob, ar only
    Me: huh, but 1 team might end up with crappy heroes and the other team unbalanced heroes?
    Random Person: Yea but its -ar so its fair
    Me: Why?
    Random Person: Because its -ar
    Me: well if we do -ap both teams can pick the best heroes so it will be balanced right?
    Random Person: NOOOOOOO AP IS NOOBS!!!!

Then you do an -ar and its you only won because suddenly you had the better heroes.....

10. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wasn't that Random Person leaking on reason? -ar is more imbalanced than -ap. What if a team gets Centaur, Sand King, Sven, etc, and the other gets like Ezalor and other sucky heroes? GG!

-Rui

11. qwerty

qwerty

Resources:
    Resources:
    i play it too... once in awhile. but i must admit. the only thing that is good about dota is the wide range of heroes. nothing else.

12. Fulla

Fulla

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yea, exactly that was my point :p

13. ssj2_Gohan

ssj2_Gohan

Resources:
    Resources:
    No...it's a lame game live with it...and if not...shoot your self...make the world a better place

I agree later on creeps ar just thing that you can blame... iheard this over a million times "The creeps Blocked me :((("

More Arena the AOS....aos is the basic idea of strategy game play...in witch teams are formed with the objective by helping out there army (creeps) to overthrow the enemy base (witch in DotA dosen't exist) and by the destruction of or capture of key elements/bases on the map

I agree with the "random person"... if DotA is such a balanced game use -ar :/ ... and don't say: "it's not fair Enigma Sux" cause you are the same person that said DotA is balanced. And it's not that pro only that noobs get the best hero and don't do crap with em'

-ar can't be unbalanced cause DotA is such a perfectly "Balanced game" ;). I have also heard from a player the all heroes have a weakness and advantage twoards other heroes. that was the stupidest thing i ever heard of...and its compleatly not true.

The wider the range of heroes the bigger the unballance...thats what they don't get![/b]

14. Dark Necrosis

Dark Necrosis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Allstars is pretty fun imo. The only people I see complaining about it are either ignorant, or they don't know the heroes/spells/items/how to play. Sometimes the two go hand in hand. :?

In any case, I don't see the purpose of bashing it. There are those in the Allstars community who act completely stupid, but I know a good many people who play it AND are friendly and willing to show manners ingame.

Plus, the community outnumbers the haters by a large degree, so why the hell should they give a shit at the opinions of people who only bash a map because it's popular, or because they just hate it?

So, my conclusion is that some of you need to grow up and GTFO, and the rest of you need to try LEARNING about the game and then attempt to master it, rather than ranting about it's supposed flaws.

15. qwerty

qwerty

Resources:
    Resources:
    not really. the dwarven sniper has the widest range, but his hp is just the opoosite. have you also noticed that some heroes have ALOT of damage while some have darn little? this especially happens to most spellcasters. They have high damage when they should be casting spells, and physical heroes arent that much. although soul keeper is an exception. its totally overpowered.

and looks like you need to learn some mapmaking.

16. ben_xuereb

ben_xuereb

Resources:
    Resources:
    i used to hate dota i played it cause my friend got into it so i wanted to see what it was liked when i did it was ok [for the poll al of the above] but its so rerererererererererepeditve and true the asasin heros just own at the end its imbalanced if you want to play a good AOS i reccomend Tides Of Blood or Final Fantasy Tactics but i cant remember all of tides of blood is all i can remember is you chose 1 of 5 or 6 heros in the middle and it has like this picture of thier face on the tiles
    but mostly FF tactics cause its not repeditve because you can swicth classes and level up to get to better classes you can upgrade your army and it is probly the most under played AOS yet one of the best i dont know why the creator just comes up with new versions that have only had about 3 or 4 minor changes why cant he make big changes to the map he kinda makes his map like the dynasty warriors series just does the littlest changes you can possibly do and it ammuses people so much i dont know how in the world its still played and so much F @ G $ play it i helped my friend make a dota clan cause he likes i just made a new ACC and i joined a game for him and god there was 1 person DLing and so many people were saying BAN BAN HIM HE DLes TOO SLOW god they act like 7 year olds fighting over a cookie and if you die once or twice your team mates crack the sh*t$ if i hadnt of fought back with those F @ G $ (wich is the only way to get through to them) the host would of turned like one of them SO I STRONGLY RECCOMEND DO NOT JOIN DOTA GAMES OR YOU WILL TURN INTO A COMPLETE F @ G

17. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You sure like to say "F @ G" alot, your homophobia thing might be triggered because you deep inside know your one yourself but are in denial, eh? :wink:

Anyways, I voted terrain thats the most crappy part after my opinion...

18. ben_xuereb

ben_xuereb

Resources:
    Resources:
    im not one some people find saying F @ G on a forum if its actualy the word not apprivble on forums and thats just how i described them alot

19. qwerty

qwerty

Resources:
    Resources:
    you should really learn to refine your english. i can barely understand you. maybe this dota bad language is really getting to you.

b = back

i mean, my friends on msn always say bb meaning byebye.

and recently, i met with an even stupider bunch of people.

Teammate: brown go mid
    me: *ignores*
    5 minutes later
    Teammate: brown go mid. you are ranged.
    me: so what if im ranged? i dont remember there being a rule which states that ranged heroes should go to the middle lane.
    Teammate: Just stfu and go to mid u noob

i can understand if he just told me that the middle connects to the sides and thus would be more worth defending. but just look at his reasoning!

20. Pyrodactyl

Pyrodactyl

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The thing i dislike the most in Dota is that it's the only custom game on Battle.net (at least on Northrend i am almost unable to find any non dota games). Well it would not be such a big problem if the game were not that sucky.

If they could reduce the nuber of heroes (throw out the weak ones), and ballance the rest, add more creeps and upgrades to the creeps (Spells for them???), maybe then the map would be a somewhat playable (oh and make a better terrain too...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.