• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] What do the "x, y" in DisplayTextToPlayer do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
native DisplayTimedTextToPlayer takes player toPlayer, real x, real y, real duration, string message returns nothing
so, looking at that function, how do we figure how the real x and real y work?

i just supposed you move around the text...but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't...more than that...the text seems to sometimes drag other text along with it. and sometimes it makes the text disappear. i'm pretty confused since i've been getting results that don't make sense when experimenting with those reals.

ohh....everytime you call the function it moves ALL the text from every call of that function.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
Isn't that the position of the floating text relative to the unit? So then 0 would be like on the unit in a weird way, and 0.5 would be directly above, 1.0 would be a bit of a distance above the unit, if I'm remembering correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.