• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] what can cause a unit to get stuck in 1 order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Does this happen where there are a LOT of units in the map at once? I remember units stopping in Tower defenses because there were so many units.
Early versions of Wintermaul and Line tower wars are some examples of this.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Your shift key is stuck? You know, the key on your keyboard that when held queues up orders? Happens to me from time to time and need not really be stuck (the game some times fails to pick up the depress and so thinks it is still pressed even after release).

Could also possibly be some trigger system causing it. I do recall some way to manipulate orders in queues although it was much more of a hack than in SC2.

Level 5
I remember that problem from a thread a while ago, dug it up for you: here you go.
As for the tl;dr version: It had the same symptoms (that is, unit orders have to be fulfilled in order to be released from the order queue), and in the end it seems to be caused by bad usage of the PauseUnit function, causing the message queue of that unit to screw up badly (and even potentially causing crashes and all that bad stuff). I advice you to read the thread for more details, because i don't really remember any :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.