• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What are these new RequestExtra...Data functions doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
JASS:
native RequestExtraIntegerData                     takes integer dataType, player whichPlayer, string param1, string param2, boolean param3, integer param4, integer param5, integer param6 returns integer
native RequestExtraBooleanData                     takes integer dataType, player whichPlayer, string param1, string param2, boolean param3, integer param4, integer param5, integer param6 returns boolean
native RequestExtraStringData                      takes integer dataType, player whichPlayer, string param1, string param2, boolean param3, integer param4, integer param5, integer param6 returns string
native RequestExtraRealData                        takes integer dataType, player whichPlayer, string param1, string param2, boolean param3, integer param4, integer param5, integer param6 returns real
Are they like a hashtable/multi dimensional array? Or are they something completely different?
And if they are like a hashtable, how do they compare performance-wise?

EDIT: I realized that if it was indeed like a hashtable, it would've had Get and Set... So it must be something completely different.

Last edited:
Level 39
As of a year and a half ago @Kam had this to say about them:
They aren't currently enabled other than the names being visible.

@TriggerHappy similarly said:
We don't know what those natives do. Me and a couple others tried testing them but couldn't figure anything out. I also couldn't look at the natives in a dissembler because it looks like Blizzard obfuscated the executable as of patch 1.30 (similar to their other games).

Status
Not open for further replies.