• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WH40K Hero Siege

Goosebearslug (Sid_the_slug) presents
Warhammer 40k Hero Siege
Created by Sid_the_slug

Map Info

The Command Centre is under siege. Mercenary commanders from all Warhammer 40000 factions have been hired to defend the destructive armies of Warcraft 3. Fortunately the Command Centre and Command Posts use revival technology allowing you to resurrect after a short period of time. Will you survive the endless onslaught of the Orcs and Scourge to tell a courageous tale or will you fall beneath the corpses and fall into an endless sleep.
There are 2 different modes available and 3 different difficulties.

Classic Mode: Defend then destroy both main bases of the enemies. This mode has all features. Average time is 1 hour 45 minutes.
Defence Mode: Defend the Command Centre. In this mode secret heros can not be found and captured units can not be rescued. Average time is 45 minutes.

Normal: Enemies deal 100% damage.
Hard: Enemies deal 250% damage.
Godlike: Enemies deal 400% damage.

Features

Play as 8 different Warhammer 40000 heros and 3 secret heros in this epic struggle against the orcs and undead forces of Warcraft 3. Heal and restore mana at the bots placed around your base.

• Unique bosses
  • 3 hidden heros
  • 7 unique item shops
  • Rescueable heros
  • Up to 5 hours worth of play time (depending on difficulty)
  • Wide range of buyable units
  • Balanced heros which are good at specific roles
  • Suitable custom models which help improve the Warhammer environment

Some other stuff about map

As a result from testing my map many times ive managed to make every hero very balanced and fit for specific roles throughout the game. This map has gone through many stages and since it was first uploaded on Hiveworkshop it has improved a lot. If you find any more suitable models that in your opinion should be in this map just tell me and I’ll have a look. I sudjest to play this map in Classic Mode to experience all features.
In Hard and Godlike difficulties it is sudjested that you have a team of unique heros such as support, early game and late game heros.

Screenshots

sidtheslug
[/URL].jpg/gif/png"[/IMG]

sidtheslug

sidtheslug

sidtheslug

Added:
  • Gretchin ranged increased
  • 3 selectable difficulties
Removed:

Fixed:

Changed:

Credits

Credits:

Models:
  • Pyramidhead
  • Burning Dragon
  • Mechanical Man
Tutorials/Systems:
  • –Kobas-

• Author's notes

All comments and ideas for the map are appreciated and I will answer any idea or review with a comment.

Keywords:
    Warhammer, Hero, Hero Defense, Defense, Survival, Defend, Alien, Future, space, marine, undead, orc, Warhammer 40k hero seige.
Contents

WH40K Hero Siege (Map)

Reviews
19:33, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 3
No Tyranids???? Can't call it Warhammer 40K without Tyranids..... :(

Oh well, thanks for sharing.

you meen like they did, before they made tyranids or before they made chaos trust me im a GEEK!*

*and proud, im the one who is responcible for my schools mytarious server problems where if it is activated corectly the ban's dont work on the tinternet :) may have chaught on tho

Level 2
Very fun and challenging map. Heroes were very well done- except you could use better models for the ork warboss and dark eldar archon. (General Frank has made lots of Space Ork models, not sure about the archon)

Also, the Space Marine has no soundset. (Maybe priest or paladin?)

Great job overall.

Level 5
hmmm i know what to put in the new version, you use more custom models, why not change the swords man into something like Chainsword Imperial Guardsman and use the imperial guard sergent model and make the cannons larger they look more like space marine rifles than a cannon

Level 6
Thanks for the comments guys ill keep your ideas in mind :ogre_haosis:
Also I havent found a better model for the warboss yet, I want a big tanky orc like the one in Dawn of War. As for the Dark Eldar I havent found a good suiting model for him either :/
I would of done that kensoh1997 but that would make the game a whole lot more laggy
If this map gets higher rates ill update more often and add in more stuff.

Last edited:
Level 3
I have to say this is best Warhammer 40k map out of 8 so far. Best models yet.

I did find the password for tyranid hero uninspired and also Could you add the Grey Knights, They are possibly my favorite melee units in the Dawn of War games.

Level 2
Hooray, a wrhammer 40.000 map! I am an fairly experienced tabletop player, and are currently working on my own warhammer 40.000 map! Just have to find someone to make the models...

Level 3
Hooray, a wrhammer 40.000 map! I am an fairly experienced tabletop player, and are currently working on my own warhammer 40.000 map! Just have to find someone to make the models...

I look forward to your map, i love the tabletop version but be fore-warned the games and the table-top version have little in common. Maybe the races, name of game and most of the basic units.

I'm trying to learn how to model but i'm sure Sid the Slug OR Goosebearslug can give a hint to point you in the right direction.

Level 3
Nicke535,AsXurian concerning models wrhammer 40,000 I advise to address on site XGM.ru. If you do not know language that I can give you direct references to these models.

Level 3
I would perhaps make a grey knight hero if I could find the right moddle :S they are one of my faveourite units aswel x]

I already offered you to use models from a site XGM.ru but you have refused, having referred to the big weight of these models and ignorance of language. We shall pass under the order and we shall start with weight of models. I have added them in the old version of this map and with the account icons added there me together with these models the general size of a map has made 7,93 МB, that in Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne versions 1.24 is quite acceptable. Now about language. I do not know as you, but I think that in this case it should not become the big handicap. How to dawnload a file I think clearly and so (at least my compatriots with it perfectly consult on Englishe sites even without special knowledge of language) .An extreme case it is possible to use Google Translate or any other translator. As I can give direct references to these models and neither translators nor knowledge of language it are not required to you.

Last edited:
Level 13
I believe this is the second time DarkElfe has tried to convince users to use ripped models :/

Stop it.

Level 3
Ok,do not want - as want. My business to offer your business to refuse, but that that in a map is now it not WH40k, and a parody to him. Which I have offered those models could correct business and make a map more similar on Warhammer but to you is similar to it to spit. For me unimportantly author's it is model or ripped, quality of this model is important for me and visual making which she can introduce in a map. And if the map refers to Warhammer 40k that there and there should be Warhammer 40k in my opinion half measures here are inappropriate.

yt_

yt_

Level 2
well, i played single and it's almost impossible i think, and some creeps stuck at the wall in the back of command centre

Level 3
Did not expect to see update at this map, however a situation on the person. And as always it is not understandable, that new in last version. Change Log though was present, in how much, there it is possible and to not wait for any enormous visual changes. (though also such version too is)

Level 2
Hey, I would just like to know what model you used fr the Farseer, can't seem to find it. Planning on using it as a Prince Yriel for my new Fall of Iyanden map. Thanks in advance...