• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Wh 40k TD Winter Assault

Warhammer 40k TD Winter Assault

This is a continued Version of the Warhammer 40k TD 5.06c

Map features:
- banking system
- spawns can be turned on/off
- several different races from the Warhammer 40K universe with unique towers and abilities
- creeps move partly in a circle before entering the middle
- higher difficulties are balanced for higher player numbers
- special waves include boss, air and mechanical enemies

Version 1.7:
- fixed invisible no-build zone near bottom entrance
- Space Marine with flamer now deals the damage as displayed in tooltip
- Space Marine now has Hero damage
- Land Raider Crusader now has Hero damage
- Space Marine with flamer now only attacks ground units
- Hellhound Tank now has Pierce Damage
- Leman Russ Demolisher now has 1000 Range and Hero damage
- some creep waves had their armor type changed
- fixed an issue where your builder would sometimes trigger the antiblocking system
- fixed position of autocast abilities
- tooltip fixes

Version 1.6:
- added custom model for fire prism, credits to Crusad3r91, Mechanical Man
- changed terrain, spawns for blue, purple, orange and pink are moved counterclockwise a little bit
- air units for blue, purple, orange and pink now have an additional air waypoint below the new spawns, so they fly better over the towers
- no-build zone between spawns and circle have been removed, no-build zone between players has been increased
- build zone in the circle has been slightly increased
- size of circle of power in the center has been decreased
- adjusted some build times
- fixed some buff names
- some hotkey fixes

Version 1.5:
- Horror (Chaos, Tzeentch) now has Chaos Damage
- Aura of Change has been reworked, now reduces enemy armor instead of dealing damage
- Lord of Change (Chaos, Tzeentch) now has Chaos damage
- Howling Banshees (Eldar) now have an armor reducing attack instead of slow
- Random Race mechanic changed so chance to get any of the 4 Chaos races is lower, now also provides +16 Gold
- Talos (Dark Eldar) now has Hero Damage
- Jet Bike (Dark Eldar) now also has Normal Damage, same as Eldar Jet Bike
- Web can no longer target ground units
- Web upgrade on Builders removed from Races which don't have any Web towers
- Ravager (Dark Eldar) has been reworked, now has more base damage and a special critical strike vs air units
- Monolith (Necron) has been renamed to Dormant Monolith, is cheaper (now 700g) and weaker and now has two upgrades: Awakened Monolith (+500g) and Engaged Monolith (+1 Wood)
- Wraith's (Necron) Inferno Cooldown increased from 60s to 90s
- Supernovas Damage and Cooldown have been reduced
- tooltip fixes

Version 1.4:
- added Line Warrior for Tau
- Crisis Battle Suit has been reworked
- buffed Hammerhead Tank
- fixed Noise Marine Attack Type
- changed techtree requirements for Commissar Yarrick
- added "Execute" ability to Guardsman
- added "Side Cannons" ability to Leman Russ Battle Tank and Leman Russ Demolisher
- Basilisk has been reworked
- changed techtree requirement for Leman Russ Battle Tank
- changed attack type of Jet Bike to "Normal" and Wraithguard to "Hero"
- changed some ability positions, abilities now should be in the bottom row, upgrades in the second row
- fixed some hotkeys
- tooltip fixes

Version 1.3:
- added Mech Bonus Damage to Flamer
- changed Noise Marine, more damage but lower rate of fire, overall DPM roughly the same
- buffed Zzzzzaap Cannon Damage
- adjusted Bloodletters damage and cost to fit its position in the tech tree
- Change Khorne Lords Damage to fit other Chaos Lords, nerfed range instead
- added Anti Blocking System
- fixed some tooltips
- some other minor changes

Credits to 40k_Ralle & 40K_Bloodletter

Model Credits:
Afronight_76, Crusad3r91, Mechanical Man
Previews
Contents

Wh 40k TD Winter Assault (Map)

Reviews
Daffa
Move! could use a hotkey Abaddon the Destroyer and Defiler lacks a hotkey in tooltips Flamer's tooltip said it can be upgraded, but it can't. it also doesn't have Ensnare, unlike tooltip. Bonus Mech is also lost. Still inconsistency between Quest Log...
Level 13
sorry this is my first map submission, i wasn't 100% sure what is considered proper credits. i have updated the loading screen and added a credit quest tab. and yes the "sheep" model is used in one of the waves. i also added credits for that in the quests

Last edited:
  1. There are inconsistency in the autobanking gold cost, says 20 in quest log and 2/4/6/8 in the tower.
  2. Sometimes, it's hard to notice stuck units.
  3. No actual explanation in getting lumber, suddenly acquired one after 3rd wave. --> noticed in later wave there are some blue text for the info, but I recommend use Green color instead. Blue blends a lot with the terrain of the inner area.
  4. I understand the food cost, but from what I see, most tower cost 2 food and you have 200. Why not 1 each and limit to 100?
  5. The design is somewhat chaotic in term of icon vs model. Death Knight icon for Druid of the Claw model with black tint?
  6. Buy one life is inconsistent. In quest log says 500, but it's 200.
  7. Daemon Prince tower aura activates before the tower finishes construction.
I'd say these are mostly aesthetic issues it somewhat affect the consistency of the map. I just need the fifth and seventh sorted out and the rest are optional, though it will greatly improves the map information consistencies. And to be fair with all those critics, I have to say this map is interesting and has potential, I'd love to see improvements from it.

Map tested with Chaos race.

Also, might want to make that description better. They are the first thing a random user stumbles upon, and if it remains as is, it won't sell out and people will lose interest to try it.

AWAITING UPDATE

Level 13
i will take care of those points, as most of them are a quick fix.

Regarding your last point.
This is just how towers work when you give them auras. It is the same for all other aura towers in the map. i could of course add them by triggers upon finishing, however i'm sort of missing the point on why.
While it might not have been intended this way, I see no harm in having some effect of the tower already during construction. ("It's not a bug, it's a feature" :) )

I'll think about it again, but please let me know if you still consider it a hard requirement.

i will take care of those points, as most of them are a quick fix.

Regarding your last point.
This is just how towers work when you give them auras. It is the same for all other aura towers in the map. i could of course add them by triggers upon finishing, however i'm sort of missing the point on why.
While it might not have been intended this way, I see no harm in having some effect of the tower already during construction. ("It's not a bug, it's a feature" :) )

I'll think about it again, but please let me know if you still consider it a hard requirement.
Very well then, I accept the reasoning. Though still on the 5th point :)

Level 13
i fixed your points, 1 and 6 i corrected, for point 2 i changed enemy unit colors to maroon to make them more visible on the mini map, for 3 i changed the text color and added a sound.

Point 4 i haven't changed yet, however i'm planning to work on that in the future. And for Point 5, i found around 15 towers where i felt the models/icons where really off. It's sort of also a balancing act of matching name/model/icon, which is kind of limited without custom one's.

Level 13
oh i didn`t mean to say i`m ruling it out, but with what limited time i have i would rather focus on getting a working version first. with the growing capacities on map size on battle net it may definitely be an option for coming versions, just not for now.

1. Move! could use a hotkey
  2. Abaddon the Destroyer and Defiler lacks a hotkey in tooltips
  3. Flamer's tooltip said it can be upgraded, but it can't. it also doesn't have Ensnare, unlike tooltip. Bonus Mech is also lost.
  4. Still inconsistency between Quest Log and actual AutoWithdraw/Deposit
  5. typing -mech causes air levels to pop up as well
  6. The information for commands can be simplified into 1 quest log
  7. Zergling gives 100g, intentional?
  8. There are multiple tooltip information inconsistencies, which might affect players as it puts them into confusion (found some in Chaos race using Spirit of Hades)
  9. For some reason, if creeps are blockaded, they won't destroy the blocking tower
Completed the game this time around. It's almost approvable as far as testing goes, but I would like to request fix into tooltips and the blocking beforehand so people will not be confused mid game and as part of increasing map quality.
AWAITING UPDATE

Patch 1.29 used for replay.

Attachments

• CompletedWH40Kv1.2.w3g
    399.3 KB · Views: 172
Level 13
  1. Move! could use a hotkey ->done
  2. Abaddon the Destroyer and Defiler lacks a hotkey in tooltips ->done
  3. Flamer's tooltip said it can be upgraded, but it can't. it also doesn't have Ensnare, unlike tooltip. Bonus Mech is also lost. ->unit has been reworked
  4. Still inconsistency between Quest Log and actual AutoWithdraw/Deposit -> couldn't find that one
  5. typing -mech causes air levels to pop up as well ->done
  6. The information for commands can be simplified into 1 quest log ->not changed
  7. Zergling gives 100g, intentional? -> yes
  8. There are multiple tooltip information inconsistencies, which might affect players as it puts them into confusion (found some in Chaos race using Spirit of Hades) ->done (hopefully :) I had to change almost all of the tooltips from when i took over the map, so there may still be some error somewhere, but they will of course be fixed over time)
  9. For some reason, if creeps are blockaded, they won't destroy the blocking tower -> implemented an anti blocking system, didn't test it extansively, feedback is appreciated

I attached the replay here. It uses the latest 1.30.4 patch.

I think this can be fixed with the unstuck though, but it's concerning since it can be abused to make creeps not moving.

Tell me once you have fixed it, and I'll approve it.

EDIT :

I suggest you look at the NE side of the square so it's easier to get a clear view of the issue. Use fast forward to help.

Attachments

• IssueMovingUnit.w3g
    18.2 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Level 1
It's really cool to see someone picked up this map again! LOVE it!
I just tried it out on reforged and that seemed to be working fine.
can't wait till my friends show up for our yearly post-Xmas LAN to play the hell out of this map again :D

Level 13
map has been updated to Version 1.6
This time less of a tower balance update, but changed terrain, to make the map better playable for blue, purple, orange and pink spawns.

Also added more potential for mazing

As always, feedback is appreciated :)