• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

WEU Importing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi, I'm trying to use the WEU in order to import the terrain from one map that I've made into another which has the triggers and units. When I go into the enhancer to do this, it requires a .wev file (the Terrain Data). How can I extract the terrain info from my map so that I can import it into another. Any help would be appreciated.

Level 8
This WEU option is quite buggy. There is a better way using the Jass NewGen pack.
You'll need the latest version of the NewGen pack (v5a) link

In the NewGen editor open your map that contains the terrain, use Extensions\Export Files from the menu to export the data to a directory (for example to C:\
Then open the other map in the NewGen editor and use Extensions\Import Directory to import the Environment\ directory that it created under C:\
Attention! This will replace the terrain, all placed units, items, doodads and destructables.
If you only want to replace the terrain, choose Extensions\Import Files and select the C:\Environment\war3map.w3e file.

After the import you need to close and reopen the map immediately, so that the editor re-loads the new terrain.
You can now continue using the normal WE or stick with NewGen, whatever you prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.