• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Well, Sorry But I Need To Do This...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, I Need Help This Time Again :grin:

Well I have maked an Obi-Wan Model Editing Paladin Model But This Is The Problem:

I Have A New Skin But If I Use It In The World Editor All The Paladins Use That Skin!

How Can I Correct That?

The Problem Is:

The Model Don't Read The Skin If It Don't Use The Paladin Path Skin

Help Me Please!

DorgenFlare Orgriner Ragodor :spell_breaker:

Level 2
Well, I Explain Bad...

-I Create A Model Editing Paladin
-I Edit Paladin Skin To Use It In My Model
-I Try To Use That Skin
-But That Skin Owerwrites Paladin Skin
-And My Model Only Reads The Path Of That Skin

-How Can I Use Other Path For That Skin On My Model?

Argh. Please stop using capitals all the time. Only at the start of every sentence, not every word.

Open the model (in .mdl) in notepad and scroll down to "Units\Human\Paladin\Paladin.blp" (or whatever the current path is) and change it to "NewPaladin.blp" (or something of the sort). Change the path to that in the Import Manager in the World Editor.

Level 24
Argh. Please stop using capitals all the time. Only at the start of every sentence, not every word.

Open the model (in .mdl) in notepad and scroll down to "Units\Human\Paladin\Paladin.blp" (or whatever the current path is) and change it to "NewPaladin.blp" (or something of the sort). Change the path to that in the Import Manager in the World Editor.

He is writing everything in caps, and the forum edits it into what you see.

Level 30
he is writing everything in caps, and the forum edits it into what you see.
i need to see that by myself!!!!! 11111
EDIT: NOPE, ALL THE CAPS ARE NOW NORMAL, THERE ARE NO CAPS LEFT AT ALL!1111
EDIT: AND NOW MY EDIT ISN'T CHANGED WEIRD!111
anyhoo, ontopic again ^^
the reason that all the paladins change is that you override a texture that they all use.
Do as hawkwing said and i'll be just fine ;D

Level 2
Er... Well I Write With Capitals At The Start Of All The Words, But Not All.

I Don't Not Why, But I Can't Change That, That's How I Write And I Do It In The Real World Not Only Here...

Only A Correction, Obi-Wan Is A JEDI Not A SITH...
(Yes I'm A Star Wars Fan)

Level 2
Is your question answered? Hawkwing gave you the right answer, but it doesn't look like you absorbed it.

If you have an MDX file for the Obi-Wan that you are importing, there is a pretty easy way to change which texture path it uses. Open it in this program and just type in a different path where it currently lists the Paladin's texture. The new path can be just about whatever you want, like ObiWan.blp. Just be sure to import your texture to whatever path you type there.

Status
Not open for further replies.