• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Welcome to the new server!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
That explains why...

• My topic in Something Else did not show up as the latest post;
  • Hive was filled with over 500 people around 3 hours ago;
  • My post and the thread creator's places were switched in the Music Sites topic, which you commented on.

Level 15
The clock on the server was incorrect. It was set to about 5 hours earlier than the actual time. Because of this, a few posts got entered with incorrect timestamps and got time-sorted to the wrong place in the topic.
The clock on the server is now correct so this shouldn't be a problem anymore.

EDIT: Currently, the download speed from the server is only around 30KBps or less. I'm at work now so I don't have time to investigate. However, when I get home in about 4 hours, I'll find a solution.

Last edited:
Level 15
There are a few things on the site needing to be fixed, so thanks so far for the input. :smile:

Things are still a bit slow, but we are working on getting them running again at full speed.

Level 13
IDK if it's just me, but the chat room did not seem to make the transition, I can't connect to it...

EDIT: NVM =P

Level 6
ive found nothing wrong yet as i find it loads quicker now
*puts seat belt on*

Level 15
Here's the current status:

- The new server itself is loading very quickly (notice how the page generation times for the resource section are around 0.05 seconds or less)

- The network connection/routing for the server is very slow, which is why downloads proceed slowly and pages take a long time to load.

The chat room may be affected since it relies on a number of quick, successive page loads.

Ralle and I are still figuring out the problem.

Level 15
I have found a problem with the Ethernet connection the server uses. Unfortunately, this requires us to contact the datacenter staff to get it resolved.

Sit tight everyone, we'll beat this problem yet. :smile:

Level 1
Is This Why?

Cause of these changes is that why some models i try to download it takes me to a web page saying web page not found? Is this because of the changes in effect or becasuse something wrong w/ the file? Beecause it does this to alot of models i have been trying to download lately.

Level 32
I have found a problem with the Ethernet connection the server uses. Unfortunately, this requires us to contact the datacenter staff to get it resolved.

Sit tight everyone, we'll beat this problem yet. :smile:
It's probably a good idea for the rest of us to hang tight until Ralle, Samuraid and the tech support geeks exterminate all the bugs. Post them here or in: [self="http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36099"]Bugs Related To Server Move[/self]

Level 8
Cause of these changes is that why some models i try to download it takes me to a web page saying web page not found? Is this because of the changes in effect or becasuse something wrong w/ the file? Beecause it does this to alot of models i have been trying to download lately.

Yeah, to "404 not found".
It does it in the maps too, eg Diablo II, which I want... Damnnit. For me, its been kinda slow, but then again, NZ internet is sloooooooooooow.

Level 14
hey Killer_Girl1 its Oblivion_Master From battle net dident know you were in the hive

anyway I had troubles with my account and thought it us the new server then im realized it was something else

Level 14
OFF TOPIC:I was wandering why when people give you rep it doesent show up because ive gotten a few people to give me rep ut only 1 shows up
oh and I see you have 30 post Killer_Girl1 you must be a new member thats why i havent seen you well WELCOME TO HIVEWORKSHOP!

ON TOPIC:keep up the good work with the server to

Level 35
oh and I see you have 30 post Killer_Girl1 you must be a new member thats why i havent seen you well WELCOME TO HIVEWORKSHOP!

You could look at join date too, more precise. Many people joined 2005 or even 2004 has less then 30 post... post doesnt say a word about when you joined date does...

Oh and to rep... those who rep you should have above 10 to rep you, and the 1 that shows up is the only one of those who gave you rep, who can actualy give +rep.
Now back to topic and quit the freind talk...

Last edited:
Level 5
New server rocks! No more downtime! :) nice nice nice. Well done staff!

Nina

Status
Not open for further replies.