• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Weird trigger flaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
  • Gate open
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Open (Q)
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Triggering unit) Not equal to Gate House 0159 <gen>
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: Nyaaah
        • Else - Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: Xd
Uh, so hello.
This way the trigger works. Both of the messages are diplayed.
But when I change "not equal to" to "equal to" then the message is not displayed.
I tried "casting unit" instead of "triggering unit" but no.
Any idea?
Tusen tack to anybody, who can help.

Level 3
Hi.
Maker, the house has the ability.
Thanks for your advice apocalypse; I tried it and a name was displayed, correct one, but I have no idea what to do with the information. But i'm sure this kind of trick will help me in future.

Level 3
Ok.
So there are several "Gate houses" which can cast the same ability.
I narrow them down by this "triggering unit equal to gate house..."
But it doesn't work.
I have no idea how this can't work. The unit who casts the spell is clearly the triggering unit.

Level 1
Well, its obvious that it dosnt work when u change to "equal to". That states that Gatehouse 0159 <gen> isnt the triggering unit. Maybe u want to change the event to "begins casting an ability"? and make Gatehouse 0159 <gen> the triggering unit

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
Change the condition to an unit-type comparison :
  • (Unit-type of (triggering unit)) equal to Gate House
Finally, someone that can think what the problem is. Jule if you have many gates "gate house 001", "gate house 002", "gate house 003" etc... You can't make the condition checking if the triggering unit is a SPECIFIC unit, you have to check the unit type, because its all "gate houses" type. However, you should rename that "gate houses" because it doesn't really make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.