• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weird Map Bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I had a request from a member here on the hive to create shield ability for him, but on installing it he received this error message:
syntax-error-jpg.342831

I explained some possible fixes being, W3 version, and ensuring variables were being created, but no luck.

I then noticed a blank variable in the (Absolute territory.w3x) in the damage engine folder:
upload_2019-12-17_21-52-57.png

It cannot be renamed, replaced, if deleted it reappears if you reload the map or move the folder, and separating it and deleting the folder it resides in results in crash.

Logically I thought to replace the damage engine with a fresh install, (attached Damage Engine with AT Ability) and seemed to reinstall it into the Zangarmarsh map quite fine; however, upon saving and the reopening the map, the folder Absolute Territory remains, but empty, the variables can still be found in the variable editor and prompt confirmation if you try to delete them that they are still being used.

Screenie of trigger editor with variables (from a fresh copy of Zangamarsh.w3x with AT ability added from the Damage Engine with AT Ability.w3x):
upload_2019-12-17_22-5-6.png

I'm going bonkers just looking at it.

Attachments

• Zangarmarsh.w3x
    441 KB · Views: 24
  • Absolute Territory.w3x
    82.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Damage Engine with AT Ability.w3x
    65.9 KB · Views: 17
  • (2)Zangarmarsh (AT Ability added).w3x
    476.8 KB · Views: 21
Status