• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Does this special effect trigger bug/leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I am making a passive ability, which causes AOE damage equal to 100% of the unit's (Engineer) health once it dies.
However I don't think I've made the wait part of the trigger right. I think that if I use the Custom_Position and Custom_Effect variables in another trigger with a wait part as well, that might cause the two to bug. But I don't know how else I am supposed to create the wait part. Can someone explain this to me?

• Unit - Engineer 0027 <gen> Dies
  • Set Custom_Position = (Position of Engineer 0027 <gen>)
  • Unit - Cause Engineer 0027 <gen> to damage circular area after 3.00 seconds of radius 600.00 at Custom_Position, dealing (Max life of Engineer 0027 <gen>) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
  • Wait 2.90 seconds
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Custom_Position using NuclearExplosion.mdx
  • Set Custom_Effect = (Last created special effect)
  • Wait 10.00 seconds
  • Special Effect - Destroy Custom_Effect
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Custom_Position)

Level 33
If you're worried about making SFX MUI, use the model as Units, not SFX.
Add Expiration Timer to the "unit" acting as that SFX, this will work like "Wait".

For example, you want to clear the SFX 2.90 seconds after it has been played, well, just add expiration timer to the unit for 2.90 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.