• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Weird icon behavior (WC3 Image Extractor II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm trying to make an icon for one of the units in my map.

So, I've made the icon in GIMP, exported it as an uncompressed .tga, and then converted into a BLP with a correct path in the Image Extractor. I also made a DISBTN for the same icon.

When I import it to my map, the regular BTN icon does NOT work (no image found), but the DISBTN image DOES work. I tried uploading the icon several different times and even uploaded an entirely new icon, BTN and DISBTN, and the DISBTN worked but the BTN did not. What is up with that? I'm not making any differences in how I'm saving them or editing them, yet the DISBTNs are the only icons that are actually working.

EDIT: I think I solved it. I don't know the technicals of it, but it seems that the use of the additional layer in the DISBTN icon somehow affected the export. To get my icon to upload I just added a new layer with 100% transparency, and it then worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.