• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC3 Image Extractor II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So, figure it's about time I learn how to make a loading screen. I've got a good guide to go by, but as you already know most WC3 Image Extractor II download links are taken down, and this being the Hive Workshop, someones bound to have made a superior tool to ... do whatever it is the Image Extractor does, so after looking in tools... Still clueless. Anyone point me in the direction of the right program? :pal:

+rep to all <3 :cute:

First, download: Warcraft III Viewer

Next, open the tool up. There should be a treeview window that pops up. If it doesn't, go to "View -> Treeview Window" or press CTRL+H.
Wc3viewer.jpg

On the upper portion of the treeview, select "BLP"
treeview.jpg

Now just browse your MPQ and find the file you need. Once you select it, it will appear on Wc3 viewer's main screen. To save it, go to "Current File -> Extract (and convert) BLP".
extract.jpg

Then you're done. =D This tool also allows you to view .MDX (and their animations, as far as I know), and you can convert many image types to .BLP and back.

Level 19
Hey, I got another question to this tool...: I have downloaded Warcraft III Image Extractor and extracted it and all those things...

But when I "play"s the program an error-message appears:
Graphics Utility: Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid. Well, the file it says is missing is inside the same folder as the program, but I don't know what I am supposed to do with the file to make Warcraft III Image Extractor work...

What am I suppose to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.