• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weird building location reveal on the minimap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I keep getting a weird thing on my minimap. Basically, black mask is disabled for my map and fog of war is enabled. However, as soon as someone builds a townhall, the location is revealed to all players on the mini map with fog of war still intact.

This has been a huge problem for my map, as people will know where everyone's bases are right away by scanning over the minimap and seeing a colored dot, even though the entire map is fogged out.

Level 9
can you post the map?

The link to the map is below in my siggie. Basically this will only show in a multiplayer game. As soon as the pack horse uses "Unpack" to transform into a settlement, the settlement becomes semi-visible on the minimap despite the fog of war.

For example, if blue uses unpack, all players will see a blue dot on the minimap. The area itself isn't revealed, but a blue dot will appear for all players with a faint outline of the settlement.

The unpack ability is simply based off bear form so I don't really understand why the unit is revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.