• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I increase the size of a unit on the minimap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
The unit I'm working with is too small and gets covered up by units of other players on the minimap. You literally can't see it if it walks among any buildings. There's one way of increasing its size that I know of, turning the unit into a building. However, as this unit moves and is a flying unit, that leaves a very nasty after effect if it flies over any trees / cliffs and enters fog of war, since everyone can see buildings in fog of war just as they were before they entered fog. If the unit flies in and out fog of war, you'd see a lot of after images of it which I don't want.

So, is there any way to directly increase the size of a unit on the minimap, or is there a way to remove the the after images of buildings in fog of war?

Thanks in advance!

Level 39
  1. Make it a hero OR
  2. Create an invisible dummy hero/building (whichever) with no model file, pathing map, collision size (maybe just adding the locust ability is enough) and constantly move this unit to be at the same position as the main unit. Probably also disable minimap display for the main unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.