• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Increase Minimap Size And Move It

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Guys I was trying to move the minimap and increase its size. I am using Warcraft 3 TFT non-reforged 1.31.

Here are the triggers (GUI):

Custom Script: local framehandle minimap = BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_MINIMAP, 0)
Custom Script: call BlzFrameClearAllPoints(minimap)
Custom Script: call BlzFrameSetAbsPoint(minimap, FRAMEPOINT_TOPRIGHT, 1.0, 1.0)
Custom Script: call BlzFrameSetAbsPoint(minimap, FRAMEPOINT_BOTTOMLEFT, 0.0, 0.4)
Custom Script: call BlzFrameSetScale(minimap, 2.0)

I copied these from a post here in HIVE but I couldn't find any answers anywhere. Currently it moves to the top right I think because of the 3rd and 4th line of triggers, but I can't get the size to increase.

I am trying to move in to the very bottom left corner with doubled size. Is that possible?

Any help would be appreciated! :D

Level 7
I don't think you can scale the minimap. Minimaps are usually programmed to be bitmaps. They would've had to program it to reference its scale in its calculations.

In the post you referenced, did the author have the minimap upscale successfully?
Oh the first 3 lines are the ones that I got from someone's trigger to move the minimap which is successful but the 4th one which is to scale it I asked from someone else but it does not work. Thanks for responding:)

You can definitely move the minimap and change it's size but you can't move it outside of the 4:3 boundary because it's not a simpleframe. Here is what I am doing in my map, although I am using TypeScript (Lua).

JASS:
local framehandle frame = BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_MINIMAP, 0)
call BlzFrameClearAllPoints(frame)
call BlzFrameSetPoint(frame, FRAMEPOINT_BOTTOMLEFT, BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_GAME_UI, 0), FRAMEPOINT_BOTTOMLEFT, 0.0200, 0.009)
call BlzFrameSetSize(frame, 0.10, 0.09)

Level 7
You can definitely move the minimap and change it's size but you can't move it outside of the 4:3 boundary because it's not a simpleframe. Here is what I am doing in my map, although I am using TypeScript (Lua).

JASS:
local framehandle frame = BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_MINIMAP, 0)
call BlzFrameClearAllPoints(frame)
call BlzFrameSetPoint(frame, FRAMEPOINT_BOTTOMLEFT, BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_GAME_UI, 0), FRAMEPOINT_BOTTOMLEFT, 0.0200, 0.009)
call BlzFrameSetSize(frame, 0.10, 0.09)
Thanks! With your code I can move it way better than before, but I still can't seem to change the size no matter what digit I put in call BlzFrameSetSize(frame, 0.10, 0.09). I also moved the map to the center.

Status
Not open for further replies.