• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

minimap help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
hi

ok long story short, i'm trying to make somthing that sets the cameras boundaries to a certain region (e.g. planet 1). i can do that easily but the minimap goes wierd. i was hoping that the minimap showed the terrain of the region (i want fog of war to be enabled). and if the region is not in proportion with the minimap, nothing to be shown outside the region on the map.

but for some reason, the minimap has like a rectangle cut through it (the region i'm guessing is not in proportion with the map) and you can see the whole minimap. (e.g if fog of war is enabled, you can see inside the rectangle, a fogged out FULL minimap, and outside it, you can see a visible FULL minimap. and of course this looks screwed to hell, any ideas on how to get around this?

i was thinking of taking the minimap out altogether, but i would like to try and keep it in. but if there is no other way then can someone just tell me how to make the minimap show nothing?

ty :thumbs_up:

Level 5
ok sorry. here is my initilization trigger
  • instilisation stuff
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Enable fog of war
      • Visibility - Enable black mask
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Fog of war across e <gen>
      • Camera - Set the camera bounds for Player 1 (Red) to e <gen>
thats my insilisation trigger.

as described above, my camera bounds is set, but inside the rectangle, it is tinted, but a FULL minimap is behind it. and outside the rectangle, its a FULL visible minimap.

Level 28
CameraBounds.jpg
Well I have never seen that action before but it apears that it only limits the movements of the camera. The rectangle cut in your minimap should be the new camera bounds.

Level 5
yes i know that. but i want it so that the minimap enlarges my region and blacks out the rest of the minimap. is there any way to do this?

(e.g. if i have a cliff, on the minimap it will show up as a yellow line. i want it so that it enlarges this line)

Level 5
ok sorry. but something odd is going on. needing help =S. ok i want to make this image as my in-game minimap. nothing special... its a targa (.tga) image. its 256 by 256. i don't think theres anything wrong with it. it was made by adobe photoshop elements. i import it into my map and give it the path war3mapMap.tga ...

and when i try to test my map... it crashes as soon as the game has past the loading screen. :eekani:

heres my image. is there anything wrong with it??

ty

Attachments

• war3mapMap.tga
    128 KB · Views: 67
Level 12
  • map initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Enable fog of war
      • Visibility - Enable black mask
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Fog of war across Entire Map
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Visibility across <Planet1>
      • Wait - 1s
      • Visibility - Disable Last Visibility Region Modifier Created
      • Camera - Set the camera bounds for Player 1 (Red) to <Planet1>
Try that

Last edited:
Level 28
Try makin it .jpg and convert it to .tga in Magos War3ModelEditor (Tools Section). Or get the GIMP (I don't know where to get it cause my dad gave it to me XD, try Google).
I used to use Photoshop but the .tga files I got out of it didn't work. But GIMP (Graphic Image Manipulation Program) works perfectly.

The part where the map crashes proves that the path is correct and that somethin has hapened. So it should be the image that screws it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.