• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Wedtigizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Wedtigizer's job isn't decreasing map size. It speeds up the downloading in loading screen.
And that map protector increased size cuz it adds some files to your map ( i think ).

Best way to reduce filesize is deleting some imported files.

if Vexorian's optimizer increased your map size then that means that you had the wrong setting... check the official page of Vexorian's optimizer for the correct setting...

It also happened to me the first time I used the optimizer due to a wrong setting, then after following the instructions by Vexorian, it all works out fine...

@Kala - protectors do the reverse, they remove files that are needed by WE but not by Wc3...

Widgetizer only reduces the size by a small amount, vexorian's optimizer reduces it depending on the amount of optimized code and removed files, but also not that much... the best way to reduce file size is optimizing/compressing the files that you imported (before importing them, specially if you have high res textures, compress them)

Level 17
I have reimporting all the skin and models with compressed size, but still, the map size only reduced by 200-400 kb
When i used wedtigizer, and vexorian, the two making my map crash, but still, when i used one of them, reduced map size is not above 0,2-0,4mb...

well, they really don't reduce it that much... as I'm said, Vex's optimizes codes and some blps so the reduction depends on how efficient the coding was... more efficient code before optimizing = less reduction...

You should really not rely on optimizers to reduce the file size... you should really learn how to limit imports to those that are only extremely needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.