• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weather (is it worth the lag?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's a multiplayer one, you don't have to use weather, but if you want the players to have the option, give them the ability of creating a weather effect visible to them only (by a chat command for example).
Rays of Light and Moonlight don't lag, snow lags a lot though.
The problem is... RPG with no realistic features is a no, so, yeah, you really need to add weather effects :p

Level 7
Did you create the weather effect inside a region?
If yes, go to "Scenario" --> "Map option", shouldn't cause lag, or atleast that's what i've experienced. Also do it lag ingame or only in editor?

noj

noj

Level 4
Did you create the weather effect inside a region?
If yes, go to "Scenario" --> "Map option", shouldn't cause lag, or atleast that's what i've experienced. Also do it lag ingame or only in editor?

but that also does the entier map, using regions tell me he wants diffreant weather among diffreant areas of the map.

Level 7
I dont know xD
Might been because i watched the whole map when i did this, but yeah i guess my comment was pretty stupid :/

Level 19
Hmm... Or you could customize the weather somehow, like make the snow or rain have longer intervals before another droplet pours out, although I truly don't know how you'd be able to do that...

Hmm... Or you could customize the weather somehow, like make the snow or rain have longer intervals before another droplet pours out, although I truly don't know how you'd be able to do that...

You need to edit the *.slk files. Slk files open with Microsoft Excell; there are options in there, where you can modify, e.g. the interval you mentioned.
They are not models, so this is the only way to do that. You will need Power MPQ to locate the slk files: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools.php?id=d5w2va

Status
Not open for further replies.