• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Weapon Metamorphosis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I want to start by saying hello, since it's my first post in this forum.In our(me and my friend) new team fortress ctf map we are trying to give metamorphosis like skills to all classes, and they'll be weapon switches, i mean they will represent weapon choices like in normal team fortress when you press 1,2,3 etc.Only example that comes to my mind is Troll Warlord's first skill in DotA, Berserker Rampage.But i am complete newbie in jass editing, so i tried to make use of metamorphosis skill as dummy skill.I can edit range , damage and damage type of metamorphosed unit, but i can't implement movement speed change, and i want to get rid of the time bar that replaces xp bar on the unit.And also the new model must be the same as the one who used that skill.So i am asking now, how to ?To be sincere, i dont want that anyone makes it and gives it to me as complete, but any creative ideas will be most welcome :)(and sorry for bad english)

Level 2
For speed issues use Footman defend ability ;) another nice morphing ability is Robo-Goblin. to get rid of the annoying bar you should check field Pernament or something like that (long time since I last used morphing.. :D)

I hope thas help a bit ;)

Level 1
Hmm nice idea to use defend ability, and for robo-goblin it's just about the same as metamorphosis, but it did not help me to tick permanent flag as the skill still has "duration" data i think.Let me see if i can mix morph and defend abilities...

Level 4
Robo-Goblin is permanent, and the duration is only the morph time, so I don't see any problem using it at all.

Level 2
Well thread starter, I read you post again. You can make a lot abilities based on Robo-Goblin... :grin: I could give you my old FUN map... but it sucks cause is made in WEU... Anyway that you will have same unit when morphing. Make sure that fields 'Alrernate Form Unit' and 'Normal Form Unit' is equal (example in both field should be Footman, or whatever you desire).

Level 1
Ok i understood what you said.Making duration 0 and permanent is the solution i was searching but in that way i have to define two classes that using morph skill to morph to another one.And the last one, making alternate form and normal form equal causes the unit to randomly morph to the other one without touching the skill.But anyway you found the solution , thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.