• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weapon ideas for portals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Ok im doing some uptading on my map (portal system will be changed a bit, time bomb will be changed a bit) and now i need your help to create more weapons!

So just post your ideas here! If you wana test the map, you can dl it from my signatures link.

Level 12
Ok im doing some uptading on my map (portal system will be changed a bit, time bomb will be changed a bit) and now i need your help to create more weapons!

So just post your ideas here! If you wana test the map, you can dl it from my signatures link.

I love this idea
-I'm hoping you using some type of Feral Spirit Type Spells for Portals though, Or when you create a new one the other one dies.

I think a main part of this game will be about positioning and knowing where your troops and enemy troops are (If it will be based on armys)

Otherwise portals will just be used as sort of protection and ambushes

Heres what I would do,
1) Make the middle and of the map appealing (naturally its the most vulnerable since youll hav to fight an every front war)
2) Make the Corners less appealing (Since you cant really be ambushed from those sides)
3) Make Weird terrain all across the map (Just to make things interesting)
4) Portals can take damage and Cost Mana
5) Heroes can blink a small distance (Cooldown and mana)
6) Give the ability to massivly order troops (Breath of fire [infinite range, no damage and no mana cost] Spell for targeting Portals and movement, Farsight for attack to location)
7) Give an omni sight that also reveals your location and area around you

Other than that I would want the Heroes spells to maximize
-Portal Trickery and usage
-Mix Army Tactics, Speed Clickers, Micromanagers
-Have an FPS feel to remember the game

Thats all I got :/
Im sure it didn't help too much...

Stasis wards and GOblin Land mines are quite awesome though...

Level 13
I love this idea
-I'm hoping you using some type of Feral Spirit Type Spells for Portals though, Or when you create a new one the other one dies.

Actually it works like that, but you cannot really spam it because of the cooldown. I dong get the feral spirit tought.

As for terrain changes, I will probly only expand it a bit, so atacking the main building is easier.

Mm i could make some spells/weapons that would reveal the map indeed. Since next version will have differend type of portal system so it wont require the spell books/range changing

Level 12
Actually it works like that, but you cannot really spam it because of the cooldown. I dong get the feral spirit tought.

As for terrain changes, I will probly only expand it a bit, so atacking the main building is easier.

Mm i could make some spells/weapons that would reveal the map indeed. Since next version will have differend type of portal system so it wont require the spell books/range changing

Feral spirit, you can only have two wolves at once no matter how many times you cast it
I wasn't thinking of basing the portal system off it, its just a description

Level 13
I need more ideas to release next version! so pls help me

next verson will have:

- Improved portal system (70% done)
- Improved time bomb (100%done)

3 new weapons(atleast)

-poison bow (100% done)
-?????? (need ideas)
-?????? (need ideas)

things next version might have:
- improved terrain
- more balanced weapons

Level 15
Weapons... lets see:

Vaccum Gun: Fires a vaccum that sucks nearby enemy units towards it and explode after it has travelled x distance
Lazer/Laser Gun: Fires a powerful laser that needs to be charged up, the longer it i charged, the more powerful it is.
Ring of Cenarius (not sure about spelling): Creates a maze of trees which entangles random units in the area.
Ring of Uther: Creates a field of holy light, healing allied units and increasing their armour. (maybe damage enemies as well)
Ring of Thrall: Summons a War Banner that enhances nearby units perfomance in battle and also the banner summons wolves every x seconds.
Illidian's Blade: Uses demonic energies to conjure a image of illidan that uses mana burn on nearby units which burns x mana and deals x+y damage.

Just some weapon suggestions, keep up the good job!

Level 13
Weapons... lets see:

Vaccum Gun: Fires a vaccum that sucks nearby enemy units towards it and explode after it has travelled x distance
Lazer/Laser Gun: Fires a powerful laser that needs to be charged up, the longer it i charged, the more powerful it is.
Ring of Cenarius (not sure about spelling): Creates a maze of trees which entangles random units in the area.
Ring of Uther: Creates a field of holy light, healing allied units and increasing their armour. (maybe damage enemies as well)
Ring of Thrall: Summons a War Banner that enhances nearby units perfomance in battle and also the banner summons wolves every x seconds.
Illidian's Blade: Uses demonic energies to conjure a image of illidan that uses mana burn on nearby units which burns x mana and deals x+y damage.

Just some weapon suggestions, keep up the good job!

Lazer and ring of cenarius will be made (with a bit of modification). Also ring of uther has some potential, just need to change that name.

Level 15
More ideas :D

Ice Bomb: Throws an ice bomb that freezes units in an area when it explodes.
Flame Flare: Fires a flare that flys a long range and sets the area it was targeted at in flames when it explodes. (Explodes and the when the thing hits the ground it is in flames)
Dragon Charm: Summons a dragon that breathes fire at nearby units in a circle.
Star Symbol: Creates a star sign at your current position which deals magical damage over time and when it explodes it deals large damage.
Summoning Amulet: The amulet summons a creature (changes with level), that will move towards a target position and when it goes near an enemy units it uses a skill (say lvl 1 is a murloc hunter and it uses ensnare in an area) The portals can help cos the units might move slowly
Projectile Gun: Fires a projectile that does minor damage and stun to the first unit in the line. The projectile will get bigger and at level 3 it does knockback or something.

Level 13
I runned puplic beta with new weapons just too see if they work good. They were pretty good, but some imbalances.

as for your latest ideas. I only see rocks and vacuum being only acceptable ideas (dunno if im gona make it since im bad with knockback spells).

The next version will probly be out on next weekend if i can do followings things:
-super creeps. (to make easier to push)
-fix portals. (new system aint flawless)
-nerf flower power. (its a new spell, that is imba with pullback gun, dunno should i nerf it or just increase cost of it)
-change terrain. (its too hard to push from other side)
-make anti backdoor system.
-cheaper time bomb. (this has been modified, but its only usefull early game)
-dagon more armor reduce and longer dura.
-heli heal fix.(dunno what i did but it doesnt work anymore)
-cheaper or more damage cluster grenade or faster.
-make 2 more spells (that would make 2shops full = 22weapons, which 8 would be totally new, 6new spells are ready.

Level 13
I runned puplic beta with new weapons just too see if they work good. They were pretty good, but some imbalances.

as for your latest ideas. I only see rocks and vacuum being only acceptable ideas (dunno if im gona make it since im bad with knockback spells).

The next version will probly be out on next weekend if i can do followings things:
-super creeps. (to make easier to push) - not sure about this
-fix portals. (new system aint flawless) ready for next test
-nerf flower power. (its a new spell, that is imba with pullback gun, dunno should i nerf it or just increase cost of it) done
-change terrain. (its too hard to push from other side)
-make anti backdoor system.
-cheaper time bomb. (this has been modified, but its only usefull early game) done
-dagon more armor reduce and longer dura. done
-heli heal fix.(dunno what i did but it doesnt work anymore) done
-cheaper or more damage cluster grenade or faster. done
-make 2 more spells (that would make 2shops full = 22weapons, which 8 would be totally new, 6new spells are ready.
- upgrade system

So if people still have good and unique ideas for weapons/other suggestions I could use them now.

If not, Thx for all previous ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.