• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WE technical support ~ blank maps???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I recently bought a new comp with windows 7 64 bit and after installing wc3 found that I couldn't open any maps without them coming out blank (basically a new map). I tried opening the melee maps and tried to save my own maps but same result. I could save the maps and check that it was increasing in size. WC3 was updated a few days ago.

I was trying to find out what might have caused this and could think of a few factors:
-Windows 7 64 bit
-I couldn't install WC3 normally but had to go into safe mode (blizz tech support directions)
-For some reason none of my .w3m/x files were able to detect a program to open with so I had to manually set them to world editor

I am currently trying to reinstall using a different file path, not that it's going to matter, but that's how desperate I am.

Level 11
Never use WEU! It's full of random errors and glitches, and full of useless crap which not a single person on this planet needs anymore.

Use JNGP instead. It's pretty much better, and it also makes your maps playable, unlike WEU.

I use unlimited for some purposes :\, but all the time i use the normal world edit, i use other WEU to have full height of cliffs etc and it's easier to set more tiles from the weu edit .exe.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
-Windows 7 64 bit
This is not the problem. I use W7 64 and have no problems seeing the graphics in the editor.

-I couldn't install WC3 normally but had to go into safe mode (blizz tech support directions)
This will make no difference. The game will eithor work fully or not at all.

-For some reason none of my .w3m/x files were able to detect a program to open with so I had to manually set them to world editor
The automatic registry modification the game performs when it installs to associate the file extension to the programs failed or was of no effect (as WC3 is very old). This makes no difference as the game does not require certain registeries to exist for it to function.

I am currently trying to reinstall using a different file path, not that it's going to matter, but that's how desperate I am.
Will make no difference, next to potentially fixing the ascociation problem if you install as an administrator and for the account you will play the game with.

I recently bought a new comp with windows 7 64 bit and after installing wc3 found that I couldn't open any maps without them coming out blank (basically a new map). I tried opening the melee maps and tried to save my own maps but same result. I could save the maps and check that it was increasing in size. WC3 was updated a few days ago.
This is not clear.

If you mean the editor is showing a blank screen (usually black) no mater which map you open then this is a graphic problem. The graphic buffer allocated to the window is not being updated so will forever show the last rendered frame. I had this happen for a while where unless I pulled down a menu the main terrain window would forever appear frozen despite placements and interactions still modifying the playfield.

If you mean that it is forever opening the default map's playfield and the map you specified's data, then this is impossible and you must be in another demension. If you ascociated the wrong program to the map file formats it is possible that it is not even bothering to open the map and instead loads the default blank map. Make sure that you are getting "World Editor.exe" (this has an icon) to load the maps automaticly as "worldedit.exe" (this does not have an icon) does not support that functionality (and they are both in the same folder so read carefully).

Status
Not open for further replies.