• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WE Rects data - where is it stored?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
As you guys know, WE regions module provides a GUI for editing rects.
For several reasons, I need to know where the rects data that Region editor uses is stored.
I figured it's not in CreateRegions() function from war3map.j . It could as well be some other file from map archive.

So the question is: where is that rects data stored? Could it be the .w3r file in map archive? How can I edit it?

Last edited:
Believe it or not, rects are stored in the exact game code as triggers. If you type an invalid code into a custom-script and try to save, you see the entire gamecode. Scroll to almost the very top where you see a big block of variables (looks like a bunch of gg_unit_hk33_0132 and udg_TempPoint). Below that is where the rects are stored, and they are saved via the four-point coordinates that define the boundaries of the rect.

Status
Not open for further replies.