• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Wcr3 TFT Expansion mod

What does the mod need more of:

• Huge custom maps

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Info:
An expansion mod for Wcr3 TFT, mainly adding units, heroes, items and towers. Nothing that has not be done before but I had fun making and playing it. This mod is relatively easy to export to other maps (it is not protected/optimized and only uses wcr3/TFT assets), so feel free to expand on it. I will add some extra melee maps later on.

Posible ideas for updates:

Perhaps even more units, heroes and abilities? Also had an idea for very big maps that would let players explore creep camps more and find more items, yah or nah?
Lastly have also been thinking of creep races (possibly with AI support if I can make that work). What idea sounds most fun?

Features:

+ 18 units
+ 8 heroes
+ new shop with new artifact items
+ new abilities & researches
+ new tower upgrades / new towers
+ higher max hero level (15) and creep leveling
+ camera system (for zooming in & out)
+ AI support for the added content

Known issues:
* sometimes AI (Night Elves at least) do not build a base in certain maps, I tried to alter the respective maps to fix this
but if someone still sees the bug please notify me.
* there can still be some lag in big games with lots of AI players, not entirely sure what is the cause for this (perhaps my slow pc or some hidden leak or such),
most obvious leaks should already have been fixed.
* a few tooltips need to be updated.

Steps for exporting to other maps:

1) Export all object data & export triggers.
2) Open the map you want to export to.
3) First import all object data, then import triggers (not triggers first!).
4) In gameplay constants (under advanced) change max hero level to 15,
change last input value from creep leveling from 0 to 30 and add the custom heroes to the techtree heroes.
5) Change map/loading description if wanted. That is it.

Image2.png Image3.png Image4.png Image5.png Image6.png
Image2.png
Image3.png
Image4.png
Image5.png
Image6.png

Attachments

• (12)EmeraldGardensEXP.w3x
    358.3 KB · Views: 72
  • (9)RiverrunEXP.w3x
    356.6 KB · Views: 64
  • (4)RuinsEXP.w3x
    226.6 KB · Views: 60
  • (2)EchoIslesEXP.w3x
    159.8 KB · Views: 65
Level 3
These are always fun... my favorite kind of altered melee, similar to base game but adding new inventive things.

Level 17
These are always fun... my favorite kind of altered melee, similar to base game but adding new inventive things.
, thanks I feel the same ^.^ .

I am currently making some progress for a Tribal creep race (alliance of Centaurs, Boars and Ogres etc). This creep race will be focused on speed, trapping and buffing units (so far). I will be trying to add AI support too.

Update: working on researches and Mules. Mules serve as mobile drop-off point for gathered lumber, but can be further improved to carry items and later in the game to turn them into living (battering) rams. The tribal creep race will also have a Catapult unit which is relatively cheap, fast and weaker and gets a separate research line for their Catapults which has only 2 levels.
The tribal race will generally have many options for cheap swarm units and strong expensive units, you will have to use the swarm units to protect/aid the stronger ones.

Last edited:
Level 15
If you are making this kind of map, at least try to make those new units/heroes unique and also they should bring something new to the table for that race where you are adding them. Forest Troll Trapper first doesn't really fit from a lore standpoint and also, they are pretty much ranged Riders...

Level 17
Damn time flies, I was a bit busy with work but now I should have some spare time again.

If you are making this kind of map, at least try to make those new units/heroes unique and also they should bring something new to the table for that race where you are adding them. Forest Troll Trapper first doesn't really fit from a lore standpoint and also, they are pretty much ranged Riders...
, yeah I get that but my aim with this mod was more making something fun and not to serious. I personally don't really care about wcr3 lore for non-campaigns as long as flavor wise the units suit the races. Another thingy was that I wanted to limit the number of imports to keep it light (which is why I mostly make usage of the campaign and neutral hostile units).

Level 14
I played this map and I have a feeling the units are not exactly balanced.
For night elf
1:ancient chargers seems way too good at swarming and killing stuff per food spent on those(1 food for some super tough unit and while the gold and wood cost is high it does not compensate the excessive melee ability per food of that unit).
2:I can barely imagine how devastative double starfall is(the new druid + a priestess of the moon).
3:hydras seems quite a bit too much efficient spam units due to the two staged life and their correct ability to fight most threats.
For human: devotion aura on a regular unit reduce the usefulness of paladins.
also their archer that have epic range and mines seems possibly too good
Please fix the tooltip saying that the airship is a siege unit while it does not have the right to target buildings.
Orcs have way too much powerful extra units: the wolf summoner and the troll lord or whatever are too much good and the warlocks are possibly problematic due to potential fireball spam for stun locking heroes until they die.
Undead seems lacking relatively to the other races because most undead additions were quite average.

Level 17
, thanks man, I will look into it. The undead have lots of extra ways now to overrun enemies with skeletons, zombies and blobs etc. Flesh Golems while expensive can quickly turn battlefields in your favor if they can kill enemies to turn them into zombies. One of the new heroes also helps with the undead army's slow movement problem and meat wagons have an extra ability now since undead siege was previously slightly weak compared to mortar teams (i.m.o.).

In the mean time I made some progress with the new tribal race, currently adding some researches.

Level 14
, thanks man, I will look into it. The undead have lots of extra ways now to overrun enemies with skeletons, zombies and blobs etc. Flesh Golems while expensive can quickly turn battlefields in your favor if they can kill enemies to turn them into zombies. One of the new heroes also helps with the undead army's slow movement problem and meat wagons have an extra ability now since undead siege was previously slightly weak compared to mortar teams (i.m.o.).

In the mean time I made some progress with the new tribal race, currently adding some researches.
Undead are not much better at swarming than before.
Why simply because 1: a significant portion of the new swarming options relies on actually killing units(and not just on corpses) which means it barely works if your opponent is using mostly tough units.
2: Orcs now are way better at swarming than undead themselves thanks to their wolf summoners.
3: Double starfall pick elves will have starfalls to kill all the everything in the world super often.
4: Humans always have dispel magic which is a strong counter to skill created units due to its aoe and now humans can also add in some land mines and possibly pepper stuff with their early air to ground and air unit (is called a siege unit but can kill everything but buildings which is ironical) as a plus that aerial unit counts as mechanical which means that it can not be used to spawn undead(and as a plus hydromancers are very efficient against swarms).
The recruited zombies(the rare undead swarming option that can not be dispelled) do not helps a lot with swarming: while you get a lot of hp per gold you do not get much dps per gold and they are very vulnerable to aoe attacks.

Also fix the tooltip of the marauder: its current tooltip does not reflects its current role: doubling the damage output of your army and summoning armies progressively.
Also now that I discovered how op the abilities of the marauder were I think it rivals in silliness double starfall elves.
Now it can get even more op when you know that you can use elvish upgrades on human archers thus boosting further their range and damage to even higher silliness if you use charm on a wisp.

For the hydromancer skills check the tech tree check requirements option and put it to true on the tidal wave skill(right now the hydromancer starts will all the skills unlocked except for healing waters).

Last edited:
Level 17
You raise some good points. The Marauder is a hero that was even stronger before but I guess I did not nerve it enough. :cute:

"Now it can get even more op when you know that you can use elvish upgrades on human archers thus boosting further their range and damage to even higher silliness if you use charm on a wisp.", yeah that was a small easter egg but I will nerve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.