• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc3 TFT Graphics Spazzing Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Recently I have been experiencing a strange problem where warcraft (TFT) has messed up graphics. There is no other way to describe this to you but to show you plenty of screenshots:

WC3 Graphics Album ( ALBUM PASSWORD: warcraft )

I seriously do not know what has caused this to occur, since warcraft was fine up until a few weeks ago, and I changed nothing since then. My graphics are set to the max (ex. particles, quality, etc.), but they generally always have been.

Today I had the idea of checking my NVIDIA driver for updates. I have had the GeForce GTX 460 for probably 2 years now, so you can imagine that it did indeed have available updates, one of which was just released yesterday. I thought that would fix the problem, but it hasn't solved the warcraft graphics problem.

I also wasn't able to find similar problems online. Has anyone here had these problems or know what I should do? This problem is pathetic, if you think about it :p Thanks.

P.S. just for kicks, which image is your favorite? Mine is either the green-tinted one or the orc one where some of the buildings are black, and the terrain is red and green squares.

Level 21
When I read this then I first thought that I've had a similar problem, but yours is far worse.
However, there is one thing in common.
My graphics started to mess around when I updated the drivers.

EDIT: I am avoiding the problem by just closing anything graphic-heavy before starting warcraft. But judging by the looks it probably isn't enough for your problem.

Level 9
What is your operating system? Have you recently updated drivers? What antivirus do you have installed? If windows, have you run in SP2, administrator, used/use any third party software that may be involved in your warcraft 3 folders i.e. hacks, graphic injectors?

Level 21
Happened to me before as well in which the terrain looked like Jabbu Jabbu's Belly from the Legend of Zelda, and everything wasn't looking right. You could reinstall or check your anti-virus that you got. I use avast and there hasn't been any problems yet for me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.