• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc3 terraining questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
a few questions on Warcraft III terraining....

1) Can you make unbuildable textures buildable? If so, how?

2) Regarding Shallow Water, how do you make this buildable? All of my shallow water is unbuildable and I can't figure out how to make some of it buildable and some of it not.

3) Is there any way to increase size of tilesets? I'm making a multiple tiled area, and I can't fit all of the tiles into a tilesets...

Thanks in advance, +rep to helpful and/or explained reasoning on why/why not.

Level 13
Well to add tiles go into the top left corner tab under advance the 1st one down modify tile set then you just go pick which tile set you want and add that certain tile max is 12 on WE I think.

Level 18
1. I think this can be done with triggers but im not sure.

2. All buildings need to be changed to be able to be made on the shallow water if im right it must have no textures under the building (forgott the correct name) and somthing else in order to be made on water.

3. Jass new gen pack

Level 36
1) Go into the object editor, and for each building, change something like "placement requires buildable" to "placement requires ground pathable".

2) ^ answer above solves this problem as well.

3) Download the jass new gen pack (it's useful to have anyways) and enable UMSWE for your map (it's one of the menus on the top), go to Edit Tileset on the same menu, add as many tiles as you want, save the map and restart the editor. The changes won't show up until you restart the editor.

Level 5
1) Go into the object editor, and for each building, change something like "placement requires buildable" to "placement requires ground pathable".

2) ^ answer above solves this problem as well.

3) Download the jass new gen pack (it's useful to have anyways) and enable UMSWE for your map (it's one of the menus on the top), go to Edit Tileset on the same menu, add as many tiles as you want, save the map and restart the editor. The changes won't show up until you restart the editor.

Wow, thank you so much, I would +rep you multiple times for a while, but you have no rep enabled :p

Regarding #2...
Yes this makes all water buildable, but to make some buildable and some NOT... would this require a trigger that I am unaware of?

Status
Not open for further replies.