1. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] Wc3 RoC World editor

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Sentient, May 8, 2016.

1. Sentient

Sentient

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello,

Sentient here. I think I may have answered my own question here but I will ask to make sure that I am right. I have convinced a few of my friends to buy Wc3 and play it online. I figured I would make a new map to play on since the stock maps are less utility and more beauty. which brings me to my question. I am trying to edit the hit point of trees in the editor. However, I cant seem to find the destructible editor. I remember doing this in the past so I know its possible. Did they patch this out of the editor? Do I need frozen throne to add this feature? Can I unlock it somehow? Any help would be GREAT!

Thanks in advance,
    Senti

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  2. ZerGreenOne

ZerGreenOne

Resources:
    Resources:
    Idk about old versions of the editor, but in new versions of the editor they are in the object editor -> destructibles tab.

Attached Files:

3. Sentient

Sentient

Resources:
    Resources:
  4. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Unfortunately, the Reign of Chaos editor is very limited (compared to the frozen throne editor). People had to use all sorts of hacky methods to achieve the same functionality as in TFT WE:
    http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=43433

That tutorial should help you get started. However, I highly recommend buying TFT. It'll make everything so much better/funner. :)

5. Sentient

Sentient

Resources:
    Resources:
    What a great reply. Thank you. I do have it but I will need to convince my friends to buy it. So my only hurdle keeping me in RoC is them :p

Thanks again!!!
    Senti

6. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well tell them TFT is the new sexy.

There are so many well crafted maps thay they missed if they don't buy TFT.

Hey how about your the one who buys first then show them you didn't regret it.

Also after you buy TFT. Comeback in hive and download this in tools.

Jass NewGen Pack for the NewGen World Editor.

7. Sentient

Sentient

Resources:
    Resources:
    I figured it out!!! Fist off thank you very much PurgeandFire that got me on the right track. However what that tutorial does tell you (or at least I didnt see it) is that you need to download a .slk file editor to actually edit the variables.

To explain how it works (for any future googler).

THIS IS ONLY RELEVANT IF YOU ARE USING THE RoC EDITOR and not the Frozen Throne EDITOR

Once you get done reading/installing/exporting ect... then you must download "War3SlkEdit" once you have done that you then need to open Units\DestructibleData. Then find the tree in question (i used Lordaeron Summer tree Wall (ID - LTlt)) then change not HP as I though in the begining but numVar to 9999 (think thats Max). This will make the trees 9999 "units" each time a peon or peasant ect.. run back with wood to your TH it takes back a "unit" of wood that it just took from the tree. so with 9999 units that tree wont fall for ages.

Well I hope this saves someone out there a few hours or trial and error lol

Thanks to all that helped!

Senti