• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc3 protector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi all I used on my map some kind of protector. I think it were named wc3 optimizer...
It were some kind of small window, in there where 3 buttons and 2 windows.
1window were to select the map, 2window for your password.
Bellow windows were button like save map.

I remeber password wich I were using but I can't find same program :(
Can anyone help me? PLS! :/

If u can ..protect it anyhow here's a link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/gladiators-v1-0-a-183533/#post1768725

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Hi all I used on my map some kind of protector. I think it were named wc3 optimizer...
It were some kind of small window, in there where 3 buttons and 2 windows
1window were to select the map, 2window for your password bellow windows were button like save map.
This is not vexorians optimizer. I think the program you are after is map lock or some other stupid protector.

I remeber password wich I were using but I can't find same program :(
Can anyone help me? PLS! :/
Best thing to do will be to resort to a backup of the map that you should have kept. Anyway I remember such a program a while ago with lock in its name I think.

Level 6
Best thing to do will be to resort to a backup of the map that you should have kept. Anyway I remember such a program a while ago with lock in its name I think.

U see I would do that, but I can't becouse I have downloaded it myself from hive, couse some people still wants me to continue creating it, even it were rejected.

I have deleted map from my computer long time ago. :((((((((((

Last edited:
Next time you should use ext protect since that allows you to deprotect your map again once you protected it.
There shouldn't be a next time, if you ask me. Simply keep an unprotected version on your harddrive and use Vexorians Map optimizer instead of protection tools. map optimizer is better in that way, that even if someone "repairs" your map, the code is still unreadable.

It is still quite readable, just harder.

The main reason to use vexorian's optimizer is the shorter variable and function names are an optimization in JASS (so your script runs faster).
True. However, most people that deprotect maps can't read or understand JASS anyway - especially with cryptic function names. Map optimizer also turns all GUI triggers into JASS as far as I know. And it makes your map size a lot smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.