• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC3: Metal Gear Solid 1.5

Reactions: deepstrasz
A Metal Gear Solid Map.
History: After the events of Shadow Moses ( MGS 1 )
Main Character: Solid Snake
Boss: Revolver Ocelot

"The notorious Revolver Ocelot has stolen yet another Metal Gear! Created by the Patriots to be the greatest Anti-Metal Gear of all time, Metal Gear Gem was hijacked by Ocelot and is being kept hidden inside his massive new base on the Navian Islands.
Fearing a nuclear holocaust, The President of the United States has demands that the terrorists are stopped"

Assuming the role of Solid Snake, YOU must navigate your way through a small link of islands and get past difficult obstacles to reach your target.

Features: Patrolling Guards, CCTVs and 1 Boss Fight ( against Ocelot )

--------------------------
This is my first map, hope you enjoy it!
Many more of the same genre to come!
I also hope you all make more MGS maps, because I think my map is the first XD

---------------
MGS copyright Konami and Hideo Kojima
All storylines may seem similar to real life stories but are in fact, utter unrelated, made-up rubbish.
---------------
Music taken from the Original Soundtrack of MGS series
'Aspirin' and 'Bag' models taken from Hiveworkshop, credit goes to the creators.
Solid Snake skin ( however crappy ), was made by me.
Solid Snake skin is a CnP texture and is very crappy. Anyone can help me make a better 1?
Thanks to Hiveworkshop, you've supplied me wonderful maps.

Keywords:
MGS, Metal Gear Solid, Snake, Roy Campbell, Otacon
Contents

WC3: Metal Gear Solid 1.5 (Map)

Reviews
18:16, 14th Oct 2008 Rui: Three mini-judges have reviewed this resource, and the rating seems to meet the standards. Approved.

M

18:16, 14th Oct 2008
Rui:
Three mini-judges have reviewed this resource, and the rating seems to meet the standards.
Approved.

Level 2
absolutely Amazing map very addictive and enjoyable 5/5 totally recommended (if you want more detailed feedback on anything just say)

Last edited:
Level 4
Nice map. I likeit. Especially stealth elements. But having such a big size and very little model import seems like waste of Megs. There's whole lotta good stuff at hiveworkshop which would add more atmosphere to your map. IMHO your map's worth 4 of 5.

PS And why do a hero has to carry dozens of guns? Why not to drop ammo clips and reload weapons?

Level 14
This is a good map and has great reply value. However I noticed a few things:

- The map is too large for such a short game and low model imports.

- There are a few points where it's impossible to go pass without getting detected(I assume that there should be at least a 1% chance for a skilled man to beat the game without getting detected once)

- The terrain is pretty good, the gameplay is awesome and the last boss is pretty cool too. I love the stealth element although I think you should add something like a smoke screen ability which you could cast once every two minutes or something and that that would make you invulnerable for 2 seconds and reengage stealth.

Overall - A pretty good game. 3.5/5 because of the map size and because it was rather short.

Last edited:
Level 14
Here is my review:

Statistics:
Time: 15 Minutes 47 Seconds
Level: 5
Game Beaten: Yes

Negative (The most helpful of all):

There were two bugs I noticed…

-A good chunk of your cinematics were not preformed correctly. For example, the FIRST cinematic, you forgot to turn on cinematic mode. Not a good first impression. If you don’t know what your mission is, doesn’t it take a little fun out of the game?

-At the final boss battle, multiple SAA’s spawned.

-Although you put lots of doodads to spice up your terrain, some of them did not belong there. I got a sense that you just spammed doodads across your map to make it look better, but it did not provide a good effect. I would recommend you try to play around with them.

Moderate (minor errors, positive or negative):

(Neutral)- You made a good attempt on the boss battle. However, it was repetitive with just missiles. Try adding one or two more abilities to him.

(Negative)- The file size is WAY too big for the length of this map. Try compressing the sound files. Good compressors can loose 75-90% of the size without losing any detail.

(Neutral)- I do believe that in some area, it is impossible to get pass un-detected. That’s bad because it doesn’t let a person rely on their wits, but good because it opposes a threat/challenge.

(Positive)- You included a Snake model.

(Positive)- There was a custom soundest for your hero.

(Negative)- The Aspirin increased my health, while the pop-up text said it would increase my stats.

Positive:

-The game used a bit more unique system. Rather then just fighting, a player must chart a course in their mind, and react quickly to get by enemy guards undetected.

(Note: I was debating whether or not this map deserved to be approved, but I decided it should because the bugs did not seem like they would ruin game play, and could be easily fixed in a hot fix.)

Rating: 2/5 APPROVED
“This map contains errors, both minor and major, and some players may pull little joy from it.”

~Asomath

Level 24
Reviewed by Linaze
[√] Scanned for viruses.
[√] Contains no errors that crashes the map.
[√] Credits is properly shown.

Terrain / Design [ 2.5 / 5]
Gameplay [ 5 / 10]
Creativity [ 6 / 10]
Use of imported resources [ 2.5 / 5]
Music / Sounds [ 1.5 / 5]
Grammatical / Spelling errors [ 5 / 5]
Originality [ 3 / 5]
Fun-Factor [ 5 / 10]
Polishing [ 2 / 5]

-- 32.5 / 60 * 100 = 54 --

Linaze Rating System
0-9 - Unacceptable
10-19 - Awful
20-29 - Bad
30-39 - Not Good
40-49 - Mediocre
50-59 - Okay
60-69 - Good
70-79 - Great
80-89 - Awesome
90-99 - Director's Cut
100 - Sub-Zero
A quite good and interesting map I must say. I shall not judge it by how short it is, but by what you have done so far. I must admit it is creative, though some things were quite annoying. Such as the usage of medieval models, like the paladin and rifleman. Another thing that I disliked were the repetitive soundset Snake had. Also needs some major overall polishing. On the whole it is an okey map, and worthy of my vote for approval.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Once seen, they should see you further, I guess, not suddenly resume their patrolling.
They can kill Snake during cinematic mode...
When reaching the base entrance scene, the soldier lot attack you during cinematic mode...
The message about the sentry guns and cameras should come right when you enter the base or when you make one step not that far away.
Not sure if intended but time passes.
When meeting Ocelot and the gate closes, the same messages are spamming. Even the SAAs which appear on the ground.
The end boss fight is pretty meh when you can stand still in a corner awaiting ability and weapon cooldowns.

For its time it's OK.