• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Metal Gear Maze 1.21

Reactions: deepstrasz
Updated 04/25/08:
Easy Mode introduced, great for new players to get introduced to the unique gameplay of this map. When you think you're good enough, play it on hard!
Easy Mode will be set by default unless Hard is chosen.

Updated 07/27/08:
Made level 7 significantly easier (the level with the path you have to walk on) as it was causing a lot of people problems.
Contents

Metal Gear Maze 1.21 (Map)

Level 7
This is my primary map, I've been working on it for probably at least a year, doing in-clan tests and many modifications. Twice I threatened to trash this map because of consistant difficulties but I didn't let go. I'm proud to know there's nothing like it (to my knowledge) and if there is, please tell me.

Basically, you're on a stealth mission to destroy Metal Gear and then escape. You will have to sneak past heavily equipped guards. On certain levels you can hide under a cardboard box, just like in the game, to avoid being seen. You also learn to strangle them from behind, use a tranquilizer, and sniper rifle. I hope you enjoy my game and good luck.

Level 4
Too long! You need a save code for each level you pass or make it every 5 level you get a checkpoint save code. Nevertheless this is a great map. And first map I actually did espionage and stealths.
5/5 I hope you make a map for Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven. That be great :)

Level 5
It is one of my favorite maps!! it is very good to play it on battle.net hehe, you should make it unprotected, i don´t want to steal your job, i just want to see how does it work, and make something like it

Level 17
Akingboy, I don't think so. This is a funny map as long as you have patience, you seem to not having patience.

Los_Tacos, I am very impressed. I will rate this with 5/5, anyway it would be some more interesting if you put in more action. For example a special lever, if you pull it there will roll down a rock from a mountain and make an guardian to Mud :p Anything in this way, an actionful button/lever. Anyway, nice work! Keep doing it :)

Level 5
There are a big bug on Level 7 (We are a clan Escaper), we are walking on the white ground... and we always die there (for touching the path...)
On Metal Gear Maze 1.19, there are ever bug, I always succeeed there ( I mean I have finished it by killing the final boss)
DO you can fix the bug on level 7 please ? Thanks

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
The unit does not keep the CTRL+number from one room to another.
Terrain is basic and flat.
Cardboardbox doesn't have a DISBTN.
Diagonal white tiles are very annoying to walk by without dying.
Could use another icon for Stop Sniping.
Stop Sniping is also present even if Sniping Mode is not on.
Sniping changes place with Stop Sniping after a game load.
Units selected during cinematic mode.