• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc3 Melee Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Meh, I was more bored than anything, so I created a new melee map, with new terrain and all. Its simple

Converting Humans to Blood Elves and Orcs to Fel Orcs, Each unit is fully replaced so the AI uses them

Heres what I got so far

http://epicwar.com/maps/114211/

I haven't added in the credits yet, but I will when I'm finished. 90% of the new models are General Franks, even used some of his names he named models with.

here the changes I got so far

Global-

~Increased Food Cap to 150

~Raised the Upkeep levels to balance out with the new Cap

~All Units scaling value have been decresed to .80 so everything doesnt seem so big and in your face

~All units speed has been decreased by 20 to balance out with the scaling

~All pathing for buildings has been changed so it doesnt look like its too big

-Elves/Humans

~Footman Converted into Guardsman, attack and HP slightly increased, slightly raised Gold cost, lowered armor. Added a model to it, created by Elenai. Also carries a passive ability, magic immunity, when upgraded from the arcane sanctum

~Rifleman converted into a Archer, food cost reduced to 1, raised attack damage slightly and increased range, slightly lowered HP, raised Cost to 210
Will soon have a auto casting spell similar to cold arrows.

~Knight converted into a blade rider, name made up by general frank, went along with the model. HP decreased slightly, damage increased slightly. Currently has no other abilities, maybe a evasive type passive.

~New~ Swordmaster(name pending) Excellent against magic users, has a feedback type attack, kills units mana, very good against heroes, has a decent attack. Also carries Magic Immunity that can be upgraded in Arcane Sanctum. The model being used also was made by General Frank.

~Many buildings have been renamed, some have new models (Will change over time)

~Milita converted to Swordsman, which use the Swordsman model, with slightly lower HP with a bit higher armor.

~Mountain King has been converted into a champion, using General Franks new champion model, uses a Demolish type spell, thunder clap, a passive that increases chances to evade and do damage, and Avatar.

~Archmage converted to a wizard, also using one of General Franks Wizard models. Has same spells as Archmade, only replacing water elemental spell to lava spawn summon

~Paladin convert to Blood Knight, which is the same besides the icon and BE model made also by General Frank.

Blood Elves, are good against spellcasters, and are a bit more spammable to a point, have a similar style to Humans.

This race of course is not done, theres upgrades needing to be changed, theres a couple units that haven't been touched yet. Still need some ideas on changing Motor team, siege tank, etc.
-Fel Orcs

~Most of the main units converted to Fel Orcs, and there models.

~Grunts no longer cost 3 food, high damage, high HP, and high Costing. They not cost 2 food, with 560 HP rather then 700, has lower Damage, and cost chanegd from 235 to 180, soon they will also have a bit weaker armor. So there spammable, but not OP.

~Raiders are a bit untouched at the moment

~Spearthrowers converted to Crossbowman, model by general frank, even icon, the stats are around the same, there transformation has been changed for them to currently turn into a demon, a void walker. Which have a posion damage, and have slightly higher stats.

~Tauren are completely converted to Rampagers, the name, icon, and model were made by General Frank, it fit. They have 1100 HP, a tad lower damage, tad higher cost, etc. There Pulverize is replaced by a shockwave type attack, called obliterate. This is the strongest unit. Though they cost 4 food, there costy, but worth it.

~Wind Riders were converted into lancers, Fel orcs riding on black dragons. You would never guess who made it and the icon used for the unit.

~Spirit Walkers were converted into Doom Guards, a ranged unit. That can turn into a Demon Tank, with high HP and armor, but no attack. However theres a problem with it atm. The demon beast is untouchable.

~Shamans converted into Warlocks, blood lust will be replaced with a spell similar to it, but with a different effect.

~Most buildings are remade, with new models and name. Soon some will have different HP and costs

~The Town hall for them is really temporary until I can find a better one to suit them.

~Tauren Chieftan converted to Fel Orc general. Currently its no different, until I make a new set of spells for him.

~Blademaster is also unchanged besides the model and icon.

~New~ Ravager, a decent damage melee unit with a special passive ability that allows him to evade, or recieve bonus damage. Is weaker then the grunt, but still useful with its abilities( Will be more useful later!)

I likely didn't put all the changes I made, guess you will find out yourself.

Everything is currently temporary until satisfied, some models are temporary until a better one is found.

However it would be nice to get some ideas from folks on how to improve and change some units.

This isn't much of a full big project, its rather easy, its just making it so its not buggy and crappy like lot of others. And I'm doing this to waste my own time. This is a 9 player map, locations are completely random when you start. Theres plenty of goldmines on the map, and some markets and such. And from what a couple tell me, Ships and Zepplins, can be useful for new strats.

What I'm aiming for is to expand the basic melee, make it a bit more flexible, with some new content, and some updated, changed content.

Night Elves and Undead won't get much changes, but for balancing, each will get a new unit. And will get some changes if people want some.

Both BE and Fel Orcs, are pretty close to done, but still takes time making them completely different, and making sure theres no errors. I'm all ears for input and ideas.

Oh, and because of my terraining style, I make terrain completely random, I do things as I go when terraining, so you may see stuff in random spots ^.^

Level 5
Your idea is good. Kind of like an un-official Blizzard patch. I like how you are aiming to make it so the AI will still work correctly and that you are changing and adding to the races; not reducing the original content.

The map should work fine for human multiplayer with balanced starting positions. The computers work, but not very well. If you are happy with this map success you might think about importing the map onto one of Blizard's 2vs2 maps so the computers will work better.

Tips:
-Add more wood around the starting positions.
-Purhaps give the creeps some item drops.

Level 12
Yea, though it still carries the, if you have 1 unit strong or 1 more in numbers, or charge, they will run, but after a while, they can somewhat put up a nice fight, they would do better if they didn't flee.

Anyway, I'll add more trees to areas that lack. I also forgot to mention,Each tree carries 3 times more wood then the usual melee maps

Old trees carried 50 wood, these carry 150.

And if people want, I can put all of this onto one of blizzards maps, I just made my own terrain so I actually can claim I did something other than edits. Lot of edits.

Oh, and a couple creeps do give items, but I forgot to give most of the others items ^.^

Level 5
Oh wow extra lumber on the trees that is a great idea. Come to think of it, the trees did seem to hang around for a while.

I get they are fell orcs and some of them have chaos attack and high HP with low base damage. Just be careful to make the chaos attack balanced which you allready have made a good start by giving them a lower than usual base damage.

Level 12

http://epicwar.com/maps/114300/

This is another update on what I have so far. Guys this isn't complete, so please don't complain about that ^.^. Dwarf units haven't been replaced yet.. However

-Global

~Changed some bases around some, remade parts of terrain, either enlarged them, or moved trees and such, or added more trees so there better starting locations.

~Gave a lot of creeps items, its a large table of items, so you can get near anything.

-Humans/Elves.

~Guardsman Icon has been changed, Raised Gold cost from 135 to 145

~Archers have weaker damage, going from 21-27 to I believe 19-21, and they now have a new upgradeable auto spell, a cold arrow type spell. There HP has been decreased from 400 to 290.

~Peasant was renamed to Apprentice, which has a special ability that allows it to transform into a Swordsman, which has weaker damage, HP, armor, and armor type. Its cooldown is 2 minutes, so you can't quickly go back and forth between them. This spell replaces call to arms, in some ways has a similar use but its more restrictive.

~ Farms have been remade into Arcane generators, Which go 6 food to 8 food, slightly higher HP. And has the ability to be upgraded into a Arcane Tower. Which is the only kind you can make atm.

~Arcane Towers damage has been changed from 6-8 damage to 16-19 damage, health has also been increase.

~Arcane Forge, is a combination of blacksmith and sawmill, basically like the orcs, also has other upgrades.

~Arcane Laboratory, is the replacement for Workshop, trains no units, but sells items and upgrades (I dont think I transferred upgrades yet)

~Barracks name has been changed to Arcane Temple, the model switched to the elf barracks

~Wizard has been changed to Ranger, which uses Sylvannas model and icon. Uses a Cold Arrows, Summon Archers, Charm, and Silence.

~Spearman has been added, it has slightly more damage than the Guardsman, has a Piercing attack, so there used for different purposes. Has Elite skills passive, which gives it 5% chance to evade attack and 10% to do bonus damage on a target.

~Arcane Vault is no more, its fused with Arcane Laboratory

~The 3 levels of the ranged upgrades names have been changed. Since elves dont have guns :)

~Prices of various structures have been raised or lowered, same with Health.

~Blade Rider now has the spell "Anti-Spell Protection" Which when activated protects itself against spells, you may have to target the unit itself, haven't tested that yet.

~Fixed various tooltips, though I'm sure I missed a couple.

Well I think I quoted most of the changes, though I think I missed a few :p

I haven't made much updates to the orcs yet, so I'm not sure what changes I've made to them since last version.

I'm currently testing various High Elf models, so next version may have them. They will fit and look better then current ones ^.^

@FFVI

Only certain units have Chaos damage, mainly the casters, and they don't have high damage. So its all good. As long as all units don't have it, its fine ^.^

btw, good timing, 2 seconds ago there were no new posts =)

Level 2
Hmm, I like your idea a lot, the way you changed everything, especialy the unit size.

Also about your terrain, I think you should leave it, personaly to me it reminds me of those alpha/pre-beta versions of Warcraft then you look at the screenshot and then at your terrain layout(minimap).

Well as for NE and UN, you could (if not changing a lot of stuff, besides balance and everything) change the way some buildings look. For example you could use beta models like necronage for undead necropolis and stuff like that. Though that isn't really necesery. I'm just suggesting.

Anyway, above all I like the idea and the map a lot, keep it up! Looking forward it!

Level 12
Depends really, depends how much models cost in size if there custom. But I will be doing little changes on them, besides maybe add a unit or 2 on each side, and convert the global stuff on them

Level 12
Wc3 Modification 1.3
http://epicwar.com/maps/114957/

"sigh" lot of updates, its been over a week, so I don't remember most of the small details, but this is mostly a Elves update again.

Global:

-Due to complaints on wood not giving enough (Despite me trippling the amount) I changed it from 150 (used to be 50) to 250. This should Suffice.

-Both Elves and Fel Orc heroes gain the attribute spell

-All combat upgrades (You know, armor, melee and range ups?) Raised them from 3 to 4, you will see a flag for a icon for the final tier of upgrades.

-I made various changes to terrain concerning bases. Some complained about multiple entrances that can be hard to defend. Many bases I made wide entrances lot smaller, so there easier to defend, and make chokes. Others I even blocked off some entrances with lot of trees, so hopefully I solved the defending issue.

Orcs

- I have changed Far Seer, to a Firelord, seems very fitting if you ask me.

- Shadow Hunter has also been replace with a Pit Lord, which also seems fitting.

- Rampagers Obliterate has been replaced with frenzy, which is essentially bloodlust that effects itself, seems fitting, and doesnt have the OP advantage of spamming Obliterates.

Elves

- I have continued to fix upgrades, tooltips, requirements, things built in order, etc. Currently I cut off a couple buildings that can normally be built, some have been merged with others. In the future I will likely add new structures.

-Fixed the Call to Arms, it no longer shows in town halls, the fatal error should also be gone.

-Changed names of the Human ships, Elvish Transport, Elvish Destroyers, and Battleships. Currently there stats are rather untouched. And Navy isn't that important on this map, though in the next map, it can be a great thing to have. I will be making various expensive upgrades for navy, though like I said, essentially useless on this map.

-Changed Champions voice from engineer to kaels, should suffice.

-Created various new spells for the Ranger hero, though sorry I forgot to fix its tooltip :(, sorry!

- Changed costs of various structures.

-Took of Elvish Forge's requirement for Arcane Keep, so you can now build it regardless.

Rawr, this is what I can remember, the main changes anyway.

Level 12

http://epicwar.com/maps/115537/

Global-

-All Hero spells the races used have been fully converted to 5 levels each, Ultimates have 2 levels, and no longer start at lvl 6, they start at level 10.

-Made some more terrain adjustments.

-Hero cap is 20.
Blood Elves-

-Made various balance changes

-Changed Champions Engineer voice to Kaels

-Added a new unit, Captain, which has a passive buff.

-Spearman has been removed

-Call to arms has officially been fixed.

-Changed some spells around on the heroes.

-Added the Shipyard

-And much more.

Fel Orcs-

-Rampagers Obliterate has been replaced with a passive buff

-Added Fel Orc Marauder, which has a passive buff called Demon Shield, which reflects some damage back.

-Added the Shipyard

-And much more.

Night Elves-

-All units have been scaled down to match the rest of the units

-Added a basic melee unit, Sentinal.

-Added a Night Elf Ranger, with cold arrows.

-Night Elves upgrades now have 4 levels instead of 3.

-Added Shipyard
Undead-

-All units have been scaled to to match all other units

-Got rid of Slaughterhouse, and put the units in the crypt, so save room for shipyard.

-Added Necromancer Lord, which raises Zombies from the grave.

-Added Zombie as a weak melee unit with bash.

-Raised all of Undeads upgrades from level 3 to 4.

-Added Shipyard

This is the most I can remember. But the other 2 races are fully playable now, and to match the other races, each got 2 new units.

Status
Not open for further replies.